Rozerem User Reviews

Rozerem - User Reviews

Rozerem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rozerem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

I could not tell I had taken anything to help me sleep. I was very disappointed. Due to some health problems, it is critical that I get a good night's sleep. I am already feeling the results after only 4-5 days of not getting the correct type of sleep, or sleep at all.

Comment from: lu, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

Didn't help me to fall asleep or stay asleep. Felt like sugar pill. No help whatsoever. Waste of my money.

Comment from: grlygrl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 17

This is a drug to take if you're nervous about taking sleep aids. I'm taking it because I actually went to a sleep Dr and he explained insomnia can be a chronic problem and may require long-term treatment. Since Rozerem can be taken long-term (without dependency or tolerance issues) it's the safest choice. I've been taking it for a few months (it took a week or so to work for me) and I fall asleep within 10 minutes! You have to give it time and not expect to be sedated... it will feel like "normal" sleep.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Joanee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

It started working after about 4 weeks - but I have to be ready to go to sleep during it's window of opportunity...which for me is about 2 hours after I take it. I also stay asleep - and if I wake up - I don't stay up.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

This med really helps me fall asleep every night. I take it at the same time every night and I've managed to get on a sleep schedule for the first time in a long time because of it. I still wake up during the night, but I can fall back asleep a lot easier than I used to. The only side effect I've had with it is that my dreams are much more vivid and life-like than ever before. It's like my dreams have gone from black & white to technicolor! This is not a medication that can be used once in while, it has to be used on a regular basis to be effective. I skipped a dose one night and couldn't sleep for 2 days! As long as I take it every night, I can sleep.

Comment from: restful mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 27

My doctor explained to me that I needed to take this medication every night for the first month to help reset my sleep/wake cycle. She didn't tell me this at first and when I went back saying it worked ok she explained it better. For those that expect a miracle in one or two days this is not for you. Trust me when I say it is worth the wait. You need to go to bed in a quiet enviroment which is what your body needs anyway to get a good nights rest. I still here my kids get up at night and get up to go to the bathroom when I need to. This is not meant to knock you out, just help you sleep.

Comment from: Lynn731, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

I have had trouble sleeping for many years. My physician gave me samples of this drug and the first few days I could not tell that anything was different. After a week or so, it started working great! It still works great, but I am getting samples from my doctor because I cannot afford to buy it. I hope she continues to have enough samples until it goes generic (long time). I take it 30 minutes before time to go to bed as directed. I go to sleep easily. I do wake up once a night to use the bathroom, but I go right back to sleep. I wake up refreshed. No side effects, no drowsiness during the day. I think it's great, I just can't afford it.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 17

My experience with Rozerem is that it calms down your mind, to state of being completely relaxed. It stops my Anxiety so I can actually get some sleep. It helps me a lot, since my Anxiety prevents me from sleeping. Generally when I wake up, I'm stuck in a groggy state until I have eaten.

Related Reading: Anxiety

Comment from: J, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

This drug is the worst. I had much better luck with melatonin (and even better with ambien). Not only did rozerem give me hot sweats and extreme nightmares/paranoia, it sent me into a massive panic attack. After two nights of no sleep whatsoever, I wouldn't take this again if you paid me.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Comes on almost immediately, so I can't take it until just before I lay down. I have to take a lighter dose, but it works far, far better than Lunesta and similar