Rozerem User Reviews

Rozerem - User Reviews

Rozerem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rozerem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ana0505, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

Not helping at all. Caused me to be restless, made my legs ache, very difficult for me to fall asleep, I was sleeping better before I had started taking the med. First night I took it, I slept like a baby, however, as I continued taking it I had found myself not being able to go to sleep and not even being able to stay asleep. Quite dissapointed with the results.

Published: July 17

i have been using ambien off and on for sleeplessness but always felt drowsy for several hours after waking up, with rozerem i fall asleep nicely and sleep is good, when i wake up its like i havent even taken a pill, this is a great drug for me.

Comment from: Kimmi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

After using Ambien on and off for the last 5 years, I recently became nervous of the addiction potential of the drug. My doctor told me I should try the new sleep aid Rozerem, he said I wouldn't become addicted. My doctor actually had me take the 2.5 mg Ambien for a one week overlap with the Rozerem. (Apparently it can take a while for the Rozerem to take full effect, like an antibiotic or an SSRI?) So I stopped the Ambien after one week and have been on just Rozerem for about 3 months. I have never felt this great!!! i used to wake up really groggy after taking Ambien (would drink coffee all day long) and now I wake up feeling good enough to hit the gym early in the morning. I have been telling everyone I know about this drug... hopefully it will change someone else's life like it did mine. Good luch to other insomniacs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

On the first night, I felt as if I was being rocked to sleep or something! I was so relaxed and fell asleep quickly and slept a long time! However, I woke up with a bad headache, but feel as if its a small price to pay for the nice sleep I had. Try it! Although I know it hasn't helped everyone who tried it, it seems to be different for everyone, and it helped me!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

My Dr. told me it would take using it 4x before it became fully effective which it took 3x for me. It helps me fall asleep and if I wake up I easily fall back to sleep. I am able to get up easily in the morning but it seems to make me feel tired through out the day. I was using time release melantonin 300mg previously and I think I'll go back to it b/c it helped me sleep w/o feeling tired during the day.

Comment from: jmoody, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

Love this stuff. I have had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep for 5 years. At one point I was down to 2 hours of sleep a night. Ambien CR just made me depressed and still did not address the sleep issues. My doctor gave me 3 weeks of Rozerum samples to start with. I was advised that it would take about 3 weeks to see a difference. Once the sample were finished I did start to notice a change in my sleeping and it improved dramatically over the 4th and 5th weeks. That was about 3 months ago. Now that I can occasionally skip a day or two and can still sleep my doctor advised me to start taking it as needed only. Now that my sleep cycle seems to be working correctly I am getting some of the best sleep of my adult life. Drawbacks are that like others I seem to be having more vivid dreams. and nightmares. But not so bad that I'm reluctant to take the drug. Besides if I have a bad dream and wake up - I've had no problems going back to sleep. The real issue I seem to have started having in the last 5 days are increased bouts with sadness and some depression. Not severe but troubling. I just have to remind myself that it was a side effect from the medicine and not me. I've been off it for 3 days and am seeing an improvement though. I know this stuff seems to affect everyone differently, but it has sure worked wonders for me. The negatives I experienced were FAR outweighed by the positives!

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Judi, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 05

Works great for me and no memory problems or groggyness in the morning which is nice compared to other medications. It did take a couple of weeks of consitent use to really get the effect and you may also experience rebound insomnia if you were taking another drug but try sticking with Rozerem for the 30 days before giving up. Also as stated if I have a heavy meal close to bedtime or drink alcohol then it does not work well but this is explained in the drug advice and medication warnings.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

Have read all the reviews. Perhaps some people who are disappointed are expecting it to work like other sleep meds? It is MADE to help people FALL ASLEEP...not continue to sleep through the night. It is also melatonin based...which for me, produces some anxiety and nightmares at times. And vivid dreams. I am still experimenting with it....only take it off and on but my MD told me you have to continue to use it so your body gets used to the change in circadian rhythims....I will continue to use it as long as I can....I wake up several times but do ge tback to sleep. Have found some tiredness during the day though.....