Rythmol SR User Reviews

Rythmol SR - User Reviews

Rythmol SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rythmol SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: headman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I was diagnosed with Afib eight years ago. I started with Rythmol 325 MG twice a day, but about a year ago I was increased to 425 MG twice a day to help better stabilize my Afib episodes. At the same time I started using the generic equivalent. Now, after I first take it, my heart beat seems to become irregular for an hour or so. Mye biggest problem, however, is muscle cramping especially in my ham strings which makes walking more difficult and in my neck. In addition the medication leaves me without energy; I sleep irregularly, have a lack of appetite, dry mouth, and loss of balance at times. I stopped taking it for a few days and these symptoms almost immediately started receding, but my Afib returned. Starting back the symptoms all returned. I'm not sure if these are due to the increased dosage or the generic version of the drug. I have an appointment with my cardiologist next week to talk about an alternative medication.

Related Reading: sleep | dry mouth

Comment from: Noney2, 65-74 (Patient) Published: February 24

This drug has been wonderful for me. They now have a generic for Rythmol. I have tried it cannot take it. Its makes me sick in lots of ways.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 21

I am 39 yrs old and have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and PVCs. I was on beta blockers for years to control the tachyardia. Last year I developed A-FIB - Had 2 episodes - I converted with meds the first time but had to be cardioconverted the second time. They started me on Rythmol SR 325 after the conversion but they had to increase my dose to 425 mg twice daily after about a month. So far so good!!! PVCs are gone and no atrial fib since August, 2010. Some constipation but that is a side effect I can handle in exchange for heart rate and rhythm control!

Related Reading: beta blockers | constipation

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I was having reocurring atrial fiblalation for over a year sometimes requiring me to go to the emergency room. Tried several different drugs and this has been the only one that seems to work. I get a slight fiblalation once in a while lasting only a few seconds. Otherwise the rythmol has been taking care of my problem.

Comment from: prettiepam, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

I have been on Rythmol 220 for almost a year....it does not completely keep me from AFIB, but it does work....with my insurance it cost $60, but my Cardiologist will give me samples and will give me coupons as well....I attempted the ablation procedure and my lung was punctured, so I am very afraid to try again....I just pray that God will continue to watch over me...in addition to the Rythmol SR 220 2x a day I also take coumadin and cardizem...

Related Reading: cardizem

Comment from: rosie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

I just got my first prescription filled, with a coupon and my insurance, it was $316.00. I believe this is outrageous. It is not a new drug and I am sure the drug company is making a fortune on it. I will see if my doctor can find something as good and less expensive.

Comment from: mwunder, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Had a pacemaker put in 6 weeks ago due to Sick Sinus Node syndrome and AF. Doc put me on Rythmol. At first a few episodes of AF but now nothing. I have my life back. Only problem is cost... wow! and it make me a little tired.

Comment from: KAS, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been on 325mg Rythmol SR for about 2 months, before that I tried 225mg, but that didn't help much. I still get a-fib, but less frequently and it doesn't last long. I also still get the pounding heartbeat associated with a-fib, but it's mostly regular (before that it would always trigger irregular heartbeat). I have noticed that I am always tired and don't have much energy, I don't seem to sleep as well either because I never feel well-rested. Unfortunately lack of activity causes me to gain more weight, while I should be losing. Also, if I don't take a pill evey 12 hours or slightly less, a-fib increases dramatically. I am seriously considering ablation to take care of a-fib for good, that is assuming the procedure is successful. I am told the success rate is 70% and it may have to be performed twice.

Heart Health