Rythmol SR User Reviews

Rythmol SR - User Reviews

Rythmol SR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rythmol SR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rpresottlr@yahoo.om, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

Causes more issues with my heart. When I told this to my Doctor he stated that there are trade offs. I expressed concern he stated that my insurance coverage is lacking and he was hesitiant to do any more tests because the cost would impact the RNPO provider.The fund is small and poorly managed and not enough funds to allow for testing until the first of 2008.

Comment from: doris rose, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

Works great for my Afib. I had irritating side effects WITHIN hours of my first dose. They included dry mouth (Xerostoma)which also makes it hard to swallow; difficulty sleeping (I am awakened 3-4 times at night just to wet my mouth), and bad taste in my mouth. Even my saliva taste as bad as the left over taste from taking Predisone. I have to constantly have something in my mouth,(hard candies or gum)because of the bad taste and dryness. It changed my taste buds where only very sweet or salty foods resemble what you tought you were tasting. Milk and water has to be room temp or warmed.(I use to put ice in my milk, but never more.) I lost 19 pounds the first year on the medication because the food didn't taste right. It has been hard to cook because I can't tell if food is seasoned correctly. I developed Thrush due to the dryness and a sore, stinging tongue. The over the counter medications for dry mouth only last 10-15 minutes. Even with these life changing side effects, I have resolved to take this medication so that my heart beat correctly.

Related Reading: Thrush

Comment from: Tim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 03

SVT three times, Cardioversion twice, once with drugs and once with paddles, finally diagnosed with Arythmia (AFib). Doctor tried cathater ablation, no joy. He hit four spots (Synaps) and could not get it to go away. He put me on Rythmol SR 325 and I stayed on for four years with no issues. He took me off this past February/March and I had my first relaps today 8/3/11. This drug helped me enormously and I now want him to put me back on it, tomorrow.

Comment from: Megs, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I have had a case of diarrhea ever since I have been taking it and I get rapid heart rate to where I break out in sweat and feel faint. I now have a pacemaker installed and will be off the drug by April if I can last that long. I don't recommend this drug.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Denise, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 26

Rhythmol will work for a week and then my hysbands heart will have a fib for a week. This medicine does not work for him.

Heart Health