Rythmol User Reviews

Rythmol - User Reviews

Rythmol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rythmol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: winemaker, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

This drug has helped control my A-fib. However upon trying the generic, I did have 3 bouts of A-fib. My cardiologist put me back on the regular Rythmol. Sense then, I have been fine. Just an occasional flutter.

Related Reading: Rythmol

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 04

Have had cardioversion on two occasions. The last one used Rythmol and then electrical cardioversion. I have had no atrial fib since then. Have regained strength and feel like a new person.

Comment from: dessiesnana, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 24

Am in my mid 50's and have had cronic A-Fib since Thanksgiving 2006 and had episodes on an average of every 2 weeks or so. Always resulted in a 2-3 day stay in CCU. My heart was not responding to other medications given to me for treating this or the other medications prescribed had severe side effects. My cardologist started me on this medication over a year ago. Since taking this for the past year I have only had 1 recent A-Fib episode that corrected itself after about an hour and a half. This medication has helped me tremendously and improved the quality of my daily life. The only side effect I have experienced with this is occasional mild dizziness and a very light fluttering sensation in my chest for a couple of seconds that usually occurs about an hour or so after taking it. My only concern is that I read it can loose its effectiveness over time. I hope this is not the case.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: lodalyn, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

since I started taking rythmol food has lost its taste also I have this body odor thats driving me crazy I also started taking coumidin at the same time could these be causing the gas and body odor that I have?

Comment from: Marion, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

At first, things tasted a little weird especially when drinking milk. I have had no problems with my irregular heart beat since I started this medication. Sometimes I do feel a little weird and anxious. I had irregular heartbeats for the past 6 years. It happened in 04', then again four years later. Then it started coming frequently but for only about four to five minutes. The last time it happened is when I woke up from my sleep to find my heart beating more than 200 beats per minute. I had to go to the hospital, I was really scared about what was happening. But I have adapted a sinus infection while taking this drug. I do not know if it was from the medication or not. I can actually smell the infection in my nose when I breath through it. I also have some severe headaches and pains in parts of my head that do worry me though. But my heart has been at normal rate.

Related Reading: sleep | sinus infection

Comment from: Mike from Essex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 30

I am 60, male and have had 4 cardioversions for paroxsymal irregular heartbeat. Once it slips into irregularity it doesn't return to sinus rhthmn and it would mean waiting months for a cardioversion, taking nasty Amiodorone and Warfarin in the meantime. I heard about Rhythmol from one of these AF feedback sites and asked to try it as a pill-in-the-pocket treatment. The cardiologist also changed my beta blocker to Sotalol (40 mg - low dose) from Atenolol (50 mg). Now I find that the new Beta Blocker prevents arrythmia quite effectively. I can drink weak alcoholic drinks again but I still avoid caffeine. I still get an episode about twice per month which usually correlates to doing something that exerts me or is stressful. When it happens, usually in the night, I take one 300 mg Rythmol tablet and by morning I am back in sinus rhthmn. Occasionally I have had to take a second tablet later in the day to achieve the same affect. So I have one drug to prevent it (Sotalol) and one drug to cure it (Rhythmol). I also take a magnesium tablet every other day. I can't tell if this contributes or not, but I started taking it at the same time as starting these two new drugs, so, with the result I am getting I am continuing with it. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found this combination. I get no side effects. I was very gloomy about my quality of life previously but now I am completely positive again. I wish the hospital had suggested this combination six years ago, but it might be that it doesn't work for everyone.

Related Reading: Atenolol

Comment from: pj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 20

A-fib episodes since 1993. Periods where there were several short episodes (less than 6 hours) per week to other periods where the episodes could last for 5 days. Stopped Rhythmol for a while and things got worse. Back on it and improvement immediate. About 18 months ago doc put me on time release and I have not had an episode since.

Heart Health