Rythmol User Reviews

Rythmol - User Reviews

Rythmol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Rythmol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Frenchy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I suffered through atrial fibulation for over a year. In that time I had 2 cardio conversions.However, I only was able to remain in normal rhythm for 2 weeks, at the most. My cardiologist referred me to an electrophysiologist who decided that I was a candidate for cardiac ablation. I ultimately had 5 ablations and after the fifth one, which was in May of 2007 and was put on 325mg of rythmol twice a day. I did go into atrial fibulation in January of 2008 and had to have another cardio conversion, which was successful! I have feeling terrific and am thrilled to have my "life back".

Comment from: JFerg, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 31

I have been on this medication for 2 years this Labor Day for A-Fib. Have had a few episodes of recurrence but none in the last 6 mos. An EKG done every 3 months, so far so good. Exercise daily for 50mins on stationary bike and cut down on alcohol consumption greatly. Have slight dizziness from time to time but no other side effects. Only other item of note is trying not to think about it too much.

Comment from: Ed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

rythmol was the pill in pocket I would take after I got an a-fib episode while on CC blocker or beta blocker meds daily. I've been on rythmol on a daily basis and it seems quite effective. However ... taking this med leaves me with with a persistent horrible taste on my tongue.

Comment from: Candy in SC, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

Have tried every drug out there. This one works OK. Have had one ablation, getting ready for 2nd. Does it seems ablation is the only answer or is it just me? I really don't think any drug helps AF. Just get an ablation and get it over with. It's really not all that bad!

Comment from: alinah, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 30

Rythmol works ro me for 27 years 2 x 225mg excellent medication.

Comment from: b251943, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 28

I was diagnosed with atrial fib when I was 40. I am now 60. I started with 150mg then had to move to 225mg. In about 1997 my afib went out of control and my doctor tried different meds which didn't work. I suggested "Let's try 300mg." The doctor RX'd 300 which works very well. If you stress out or work long hours you can set off an episode of afib which has happened to me several times for 20 minutes. It is an excellent drug that makes my quality of life. Without it, I would be in bed because of dizziness, passing out etc. The other medications have severe side effects such as liver damage. I have to take a lot of meds and it works well without side effects with other medications.

Related Reading: stress | liver

Comment from: luvingrand, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I started having A-Fib 6years ago. At first did'nt know what was going on. I would only have a irregular heart about everyother week. To the point that I would pass out. Once I was on interstate going 70 and had a really bad one. I seen a cardiologist and was sent to a specialist and had a heart ablation done. The irregular rate wasn't captured during the ablation but was preformed then was put on 150mg 4x daily. It has helped me..still have a flutter now and then but nothing like before.

Comment from: patricia, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

Alleviates heart arrythmia significantly. If I forget to take it my heart reminds me by bumping like an artillery wagon on a rocky road.

Comment from: LindyLu, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had episodes of AFib for over 30 years. Have been on Inderal, Amiodarone, Sotalol and now Rythmol. On Rythmol for a little over two weeks. Have had 4 episodes. 1st one was bad. Almost called 911. Lasted 4 hr., next one 2 hrs, then 1/2 hr. and last night 15 min. I'm hoping that I won't have anymore, but I'm not too optimistic. These are terrible. I take a 40 mg Inderal and a Lorazepam when having an episode. It takes awhile to kick in. I wish I knew of a combination of drugs that I could take that would prevent me from having any more episodes. I guess my next thing is an Ablation. I really dread that, but if it works it would be worth it.

Related Reading: Inderal

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 22

I was in AF several times a day but since I have been placed on 225mg three times per day, I have been feeling great. Only rarely do I have an AF episode. I have been on it about 1 year.

Heart Health