Safyral User Reviews

Safyral - User Reviews

Safyral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Safyral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Not satisfied , 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

This pill has been terrible! I have had terrible mood swings and been very bloated! I have Gained 6lbs which I consider a lot! Breast tenderness is terrible and have actually gone done in cup size! Worst of all I have 0 sex drive which has left my fiancé to think something is wrong with him. Would not recommend!!!

Related Reading: Breast

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

This medicine has served as a great birth control/contraceptive but has been absolutely terrible otherwise. I just finished my 4th month on this pills and have finally realized that the severe mood swings (crying spells) and bad headaches throughout the month are NOT worth it. I have been on 2 other birth control pills and neither one of them made me feel like I was literally going crazy. I will breakdown over the smallest things and it's just not normal. My GYN said many people have reported terrible mood swings while on this medication and I'm happy to be changing to something new.

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: brittany, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I have experienced a lot of bloating and stomach pain with this medication. I've experienced nausea and diarrhea, as well as sore breasts. It is also a very costly medication despite the fact that there is nothing particularly special about it other than having folic acid. I switched to a new medication a month after starting Safyral.

Related Reading: diarrhea | Safyral

Comment from: bella, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I have been getting headaches for 6 days in a row. I am have mood swings and i bleed for 18 days with it. This medicine sucks and its raising my blood pressure up. im done taking it

Comment from: MissPretty34, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

I began Safyral for the purposes of birth control. I have taken Safyral for 3 months,and I am making the decision to discontinue this due to issues with acne. My skin has gone from clear, to severely scarred with hyperpigmentation from the acne that has come an gone. I have seen 2 dermatologist, and after 4 prescriptions, it will temporarily clear up and new acne forms. The acne that forms is not typical acne, they are actually knots that can't be burst and it has affected my self-esteem and is making me depressed considering I've never really had skin issues. So after giving it a chance, seeing the dermatologist without being satisfied with my results, I'm putting Safyral in the trash...and attempt to find something to get my skin back to normal.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Lpm19, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 26

Major anxiety on this pill. I never have anxiety nor do I have a history of depression. This pill makes me feel absolutely crazy.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

I have low estrogen at 25. This pill has given me horrific nightmares every night since starting, nausea and vomiting, and extremely sore breasts. I don't recommend it.

Related Reading: nightmares | nausea and vomiting

Comment from: Lizzy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I was dubious about this birth control pill helping with my PCOS. I have found that it has been the best BC pill for my PCOS that I have taken. Many of the other BCs I have taken were not effective at all at stopping or reversing the hair growth and caused severe bleeding during menstruation. My Dr. said that there was an extra ingredient in Safyral that made it more effective for PCOS symptoms. I would agree. Most if not all of my initial side effects of this pill are either gone or so minor that I do not notice them as much anymore; worth it for the benefit for sure.

Related Reading: menstruation