Sanctura XR User Reviews

Sanctura XR - User Reviews

Sanctura XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sanctura XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: grandma, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 08

The side effects to eyesight and digestion and bowel movements made it impossible to continue use of this drug. And the frequency of urination did not decrease.

Comment from: KMC1968, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 28

I was on Detrol for 2 years and it just stopped working, so I went to a urologist and he switched me to Sanctura XR. THIS MEDICINE WORKS WONDERS! Within 2 days I no longer had to RUSH to the restroom, no more 'accidents', no more 'frequent' trips to the restroom and finally I sleep at night without 'bathroom interruptions'. Now the downside is when trying to read fine print (newspaper), my vision is blurred at times. But the benefits of this medicine far out weigh the side effects, so I have chosen to keep taking it!

Related Reading: Detrol | Sanctura XR | sleep

Comment from: Ron, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 08

After radical prostate surgery followed by 8 weeks of radiation, I developed an over active bladder that would not empty causing me to want to go to the bathroom frequently and a constant dripping problem. Sanctura and Vesicare 5mg have proven to be ineffective. Any suggestions.

Related Reading: Sanctura | Vesicare

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

Reduction of urge achieved, 90%. After 7 days have to push to urinate. Learn to drink more water. Dry mouth. Bad constipation after 6 days use, with pain. Will try drug on alternate days to mitigate constipation.

Related Reading: Dry mouth | constipation

Comment from: Eagle Eye, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 05

I first started using it 9 months ago, and found it very helpful. Gradually lately however, the overative bladder symptoms and frequent urination have returned. One side effect was, and is, constipation. I'm going to discontinue it for a week or so and see if the symptoms change any. It may not be for everybody.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 21

After trying all medications, sanctura xr works the best with urgency. I saw results the 2nd day. I don't have dry mouth or dizzy spells like I did with Vesicare, and I'm not horribly constipated like I was with Enablex. Sanctura XR is the best. I'm so excited that it is now once a day! AND my doctor told me I don't have to worry about taking it with all of my other medications like I do with the other kinds. Everyone should be on this one!

Related Reading: Enablex

Comment from: helpmenow, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

I have noticed an improvement with urgency and frequency since I started using this medicaion 2 and a half weeks ago. I still have incontinence problems, however, they are greatly improved and I have not noticed any adverse symptoms.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

Greatly improved all problems, urgency, frequency, leakage, etc. Slight constipation, which eating a prune or two every day or 2, helps. Dry mouth most annoying, as my jobs requires a lot of talking... not as annoying as all the problems it has fixed!

Comment from: donna, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

It has helped with my having to to the bathroom all the time. It drys my nose out really bad.

Comment from: Joey, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 30

No such thing as a wonder drug, but this comes close for me. Before I would go 3 times a night and while at work was finding it very difficult to get through a meeting. I even wetted my bed once, and I'm 38 years old. Prostate check out to be normal, just an overactive bladder. Still don't know why I have this condition, but this medication has returned me back to normal. Side effects include difficulty reading fine print and makes me a little groggy in the morning since I take it before I go to bed.

Related Reading: overactive bladder