Sanctura User Reviews

Sanctura - User Reviews

Sanctura User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sanctura sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DIANNEHUNT, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

I AM HAVING EXTREME FATIQUE & MUSCLE WEAKNESS. STARTED AFTER TAKING SANCTURA TO HELP WITH OVERACTIVE BLADDER. MY ORIGINAL DOSE WAS 2/DAY BUT MY WEAKNESS BEGAN & MY TASTE WAS GONE. OF COURSE THAT HELPED W/MY WEIGHT LOSS. THEY CUT THE DRUG BACK TO 1/DAY. TASTE IS RETURNING BUT WEAKNESS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO FUNCTION. I DO URINATE EVERY TIME I STAND UP & AND MY FACE HAS BEGUN TO ITCH TERRIBLE. ALSO, I HAVE HAD 2 OF 3 RECENT EPIDURALS FOR MY BACK PAIN.

Related Reading: SANCTURA | OVERACTIVE BLADDER

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 10

My doctor told me to take this med once daily for 6 wks before deciding if it works or not. After 3 1/2 wks I find that it is making a real difference. Not going nearly as often or as urgently. It does give me a dry mouth but that is also a plus in a way because that encourages me to drink more which is good. I have been in the bad habit of drinking too little most of my life. I feel better all the way around!

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 24

It has helped but by no means stopped the leakage, but it does help with frequency of going to the bathroom.

Comment from: Web MD, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

I started Sanctura about 3 weeks ago, after trying three other meds for oab this past year. This one is dissappointing also, because the constipation is awful and the drowsiness is overwhelming. I am not sure what to do next about my bladder problem.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: ellen, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

i've had bladder cancer, resulting in OAB. this is the only med that does not cause dry eyes, mouth, etc. and i've been on it for @ 4 months.

Related Reading: bladder cancer | dry eyes

Comment from: Ellie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I have been taking Sanctura for almost one month and it has really made a difference in stopping frequent urination and pressure to urinate. I took DetrolLA before and it quit working.The side effects were less with Detrol. The side effects I feel are EXTREME dry mouth and some fatigue. I am debating whether to stay on this drug or try another.

Related Reading: Detrol | fatigue

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 04

first use good= morning; as time passed it had decreasing effect; by night it had very little effect] [following severral days of use after a coupe hours then very little efect... At least this one did not have major affect on memory.

Comment from: kristir, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

I have tried almost all of the other medications for OAB, and the implant surgery was the next option. The doctor, as a last resort, started me on the Sanctura XR. Within 3 days I was pad free and going when I wanted to instead of every 30 minutes when I had the urge. Insurance would not pay for XR, so the doctor started me on the 20mg twice a day. The dry mouth is not near as bad as with the XR, but I am getting the same great results for OAB. I had both stress and urge incontinence, which is now almost nonexistent. The only side effect is that it is difficult to take with my allergy medication. I have found a good time to take it each time, and by taking it two hours after dinner, it saves me from the "midnight snack". I have only been on the medication for about a month, but I have had no issues, and am very thankful. I hope it doesn't wear off.

Related Reading: Sanctura XR | stress | allergy

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.