Sanctura User Reviews

Sanctura - User Reviews

Sanctura User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sanctura sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 19

Drug works well, although severe headaches and very blurred vision. I've taken it for 6-8 months but will stop mainly due to blurred vision.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I was on Detrol LA and switched to Sanctura. The urge to urinate disappeared, no leakage, but the side effects (cotton mouth, constipation, abdominal pain) made me stop taking it. They were horrible!

Related Reading: Detrol LA | abdominal pain

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 26

Excellent! No Problems At All.I'm Only 26 And I Had Suffered For 8 years Of Leakage Also.(From Babies).I Love The Pill Alot Less Cost Effective Than Surgery

Comment from: Callie, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 27

While it was the most effective medication I tried (out of 4 or 5), I experienced severe muscle cramping lose of flexibility, so much so that I had to stop using the medication. Further, I found that the restriction around dosing (2 hours after a meal or 1 hour before) to be inconvenient, especially considering that it was taken twice a day.

Comment from: maury, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I started with just sanctura 20 mg,my dr. reciommended that I begin the new sanctura xr.One day after starting this dose, i had chest pressure and went to hospital. They found nothing wrong with my heart. My feeling is it may be the santura since that is the only change in my life. I wil start taking it at bedtime and see how that works.There is no side effects that I can find to support the chest pressure from sanctura. I do love how it has helped my overall symptoms and would recommend it to others with over active bladder.Most side effects of drugs do lessen or go away and I like sanctura too much to just give it up without a good try with the new xr.

Comment from: Petal, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 27

I have been on Sanctura - 2x daily - for 8 weeks, and the frequency of urination has lessened. When there is a strong urge, there is still leakage at times. I am experiencing lightheadedness, but my doctor says it isn't caused by Sanctura. Has anyone else had this reaction?

Comment from: Matt, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

After the constipation caused by Detrol I gave this a try. Not great results but definitely better than nothing. No real side effects either.

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

Had a terrible problem with Oab and after tests with a Gu doctor they put me on this med. Except for a dry mouth it has worked beautifully and I am so happy not have to wear pads.

Comment from: roan, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 11

it works well for me, with no side effects that I recognize

Published: May 18

I have only taken this for three days, but the dizziness is so bad that I had to stop taking it.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: jetwriter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

Sanctura has made me pad free after a week. Since starting I've gained 15#, heat intolerance, major fatigue, muscle pain. I need to lay down every two hours just until the pain goes away. I've talked to Allegen. None of these side effects have been reported. I am on many meds but these symptoms are new since starting the sanctura. Has anyone else had these symptoms? On the bright side sanctura has really decreased my depression. The trade off isn't worth it. Going to talk with GU doc today.

Related Reading: muscle pain | depression

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.