Sandostatin User Reviews

Sandostatin - User Reviews

Sandostatin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sandostatin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sheiba, 55-64 (Patient) Published: March 10

carcinoid tumor. I am given a shot once a month by an oncologist. So far no symptoms. Been receiving shot since 6/07.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: earthworm, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 01

Have injection every 28days ...very good so far. Have notice my blood glucose level falls - symptoms feel shaky . Not to often . I check my own sugar levels now ,just to see what is happening to my blood. Also good for your consultant to see the trend ,pattern to what is happening over the course of your treatment.

Comment from: Bluelightningjeep, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

I have sever dumping syndrome which had pretty much debilitated me. I have had NO serious dumping attacks since the first injection and am 90% better. I had been completely non- functional before this, and am finally starting to feel morecnormal, like eating, less tired, less sweaty, no heart palps after eating. I had given up hope. This drug has been miraculous in my case!

Comment from: maggic, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had lot of joint pain and weakness, blurred vision blood pressure not stable,

Comment from: olaff, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 27

I've been using octreotide since Oct 2001 doing about 400-500mcg daily divided by 3 to 4 inj with 31G 5/16 syringes. The drug has kept me alive!

Comment from: ru, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 28

diagnosed with carcinoid tumors 5/07. taking shots from onocologist since 6/07. So far seems to be ok.

Comment from: White Dove, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 20

Works for my symptoms, but developed gall bladder problems and had to have it removed; now my glucose is rising each month and I hope I don't become diabetic.

Comment from: ernie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been getting 30mg shot every 3 weeks, I was given 6 months to live ,that was Feb. 2000, I cant believe that I am still around. The shot site is very painful for about 1 week after receiving treatment.I believe that receiving the shot is what has prolonged my life.

Comment from: jeriko, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 03

I have an injection once a month by my doctor for carcinoid cancer. Five months without any problems.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: mrs thinker, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

i go from 1 bout to four bouts of diareah a day, mostly 3 to 4.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

Severe diarrhea, unknown cause - It was ruining my life. I was homebound until I started taking this medication and now I am symptom free. I am on 10mg a month and I visit my GI doctor monthly to receive the shot which is painful but worth it.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: shirtygirty, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 21

I am using Sandostatin for Crohn's Disease injecting myself 3 times a day I have found it very helpful in controlling diaroeah I recently spoke to my Specialist about having the long acting Sandostatin Injection once monthly but was told in having it I would not be able to "top it up" if need be.

Related Reading: Sandostatin | Crohn's Disease

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 21

I have neuroendocrine cancer that has spread to my liver. I do not have carcinoid syndrome. My doc prescribes sando to shrink and/or stabilize growth of tumors, which is has proven to do over a period of 3 years. I have no side effects from the monthly injection.

Related Reading: liver