Santyl User Reviews

Santyl - User Reviews

Santyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Santyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: BlondieMom, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

I have a wound on my foot/ankle. The doctor had an impossible time debriding it using wet-to-dry bandaging (as did I for 2 weeks). So - Santyl was prescribed. I put it on twice a day...two days later, all the necrotic tissue is easily scrubbed away. The healing is FINALLY happening and I'm thrilled. The only difficulty I had is getting in such a small area and making sure to not touch any of the healthy tissue. A secure bandage is DEFINITELY required! ..and be sure to dispose of gauze and other materials that come in contact with it safely especially if you have children/pets.

Related Reading: Santyl

Comment from: sunlyte56@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 23

my husband is a 55 year old diabetic he found a blister on heal the size of a half dollar. He went to the foot doctor to find out he had a ulser. The doctor cut away the dead tissue around the ulser and prescribed santyl. my husband has been using santyl once a day for 3 weeks it has been a long process but the ulser is going away.i am very satisfied with this medication, if not for santyl he could have lost his foot to the diabetes. for my husband santyl is a "foot saver"

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: Pleased, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

I had a small sore on my lower leg and continued to get bigger and bigger around the holidaya. I went to my primary care phys. and he kind of dismissed it to slow heal because i have Lupus. So he tested me to see if i was a DIABETE but I was not and sent me home. A hole month later still no healing so i went to emeregency room,they gave me antibotiic that made the entire situation worse because I am on blood thinners for dialysis, I know right...went back to primary dr. he sent me to a wound specialist,ok first he got the dead skin off and used honey as treatment for week(PAINFUL)THE next week they tried HYDROPHRN BLUE it drys too fast causing more dead tissue to be scraped ,now we back to square one, then we went back to honey a different kind supoose to be better(NOT)it made the ulcer big.AT this point I am very frustrated the dr.finally gave me as prescrib. for Santyl oin. and the HYDROPHRN BLUE together, its been two weeks the santyl is keeping the ulcer clean to the healthy tissue.The ucler does not have to be scraped every week now to remove dead tissue.It burns when u first cleaning but its tolerable.I would say Santyl is a good product for healing ucler it is helping me.

Related Reading: Lupus | burns

Comment from: shortesti, 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 12

I have a ulcer just above my ankle the doctors just started using santyl about 4 weeks ago. and are having me use it at home i have been in extream pain from this medication to where i almost went to the emergency room. mentioned this to the doctor about the pain as its affecting the nerves and rediates up my leg mentioned this to the doctor didn't seem to phase him one bit would not recommend this medication at all unless you love to be in pain the pain meds doctor perscribed didn't work as it was affecting the nerves. if u love extream pain this is the stuff to use

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 21

we used this with my grandmother she had a stage 4 ulcer and three months later it is back at a stage 2..it has improved so much in the last few months..

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

I HAVE COMPARTMENT SYNDROME, USING THE OINTMENT TO DEBRIS A MUSCLE WHILE ITS HEALING AND CLOSING UP ON MY ARM. WORKS GOOD,BIT DOES STING. EXPENSIVE, $91.00 PER TUBE.

Related Reading: COMPARTMENT SYNDROME

Comment from: judyjane1, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

Because I had to ask for this at my second visit to Med Point and neither time did the doctors have any familiarity with Santyl, I only wish they had known more. Both doctors looked on their computers. Luckily for me, doctor #1 removed my sutures and prescribed the Santyl. I returned today as the healing is slow. Doctor #2 said to just use saline solution and cover the wound. I am going to do both. I will use the Santyl at night. I have confidence that it was doing something. I just needed to know what was going on. I fell. I have a wound. Now, I know I have an infection. My own doctor will return soon from vacation. Should I have any more to be done, I will see him.

Comment from: CRAZY8, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

I USED IT WHEN I FELL OFF THE CURB AND HAD A BAD CUT ON MY LEG. IT WAS LIKE SOMEBODY SLICED A BIG LAYER OF SKIN OFF MY LOWER LEG & PUSHED IT BACK.

From WebMD