Saphris User Reviews

Saphris - User Reviews

Saphris User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Saphris sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: reddevil323, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

I just started this drug as well and when I read the review that it tasted like ass, I laughed but that was a true understatement. It burns your mouth and made me want to vomit. It better turn out to be a miracle drug for all that.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: ejom723, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 30

Have taken everything from Wellbutrin to Depakote to Tegretol and many others, nothing worked. Kind of leary when Dr. prescribed this sublingual, but the difference is amazing! I HATE the taste and when it dissolves it fills my mouth with saliva as well as numbs my tongue. I also hate having to wait ten minutes after to eat or drink. It's the worst part of my day. However, prior to starting this medicine I was constantly thinking about suicide or attempting it, my moods were all over the place with rage, impatience, and lack of motivation and I hadn't written anything worthwhile in over a year. I also was only getting about two hours of sleep a night. This medication does make me drowsy so, I take it right before I go to bed and sleep like a baby, waking up pert and perky (something that's never happened until now). No signs of depression or suicidal thoughts and I love the fact that I feel like a normal woman. It's really been a miracle for me and even my husband has noticed. I've been on this about a week, so I hope Saphris is the one for me. So far I haven't had any negative side effects.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Depakote | Tegretol

Comment from: BPone, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I'm going on three weeks now 10mg morning and night. I switched over from Seroquel XR once a day. To beat the bad taste use Listerine breath strip or mouth spray when you take it. This is a Doctor approved method. Brushing the tongue 10 min. after taking the tablet helps with the numbness of the tongue. It gets the residual medication out of your mouth as well. I still get tired about 1 hour after I take it in the morning or night. This is the same side effect I had taking Seroquel. However Seroquel knocked me out for 10 hours at night and did not affect me during work hours. Saphris only seems to make me really tired for about one hour. However I seem to have difficulty keeping my mind awake from about 9:00AM to noon. I take my pills at regular intervals: 8-9:00PM at night and 6-7:00AM in the morning.

Related Reading: Seroquel XR | Seroquel | Saphris

Comment from: Lucid Nightmare, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I reviewed this drug once, and now am updating my recent discoveries. I have been on saphris a little over 2 and a half months. I have continued gaining weight about 20 lbs I can account to this drug. My shrink said the norm is 4 lbs. She decided to do blood work to see what could be causing this continuous weight gain. I am even taking 50 mg of adderall a day!!! WELL< my chloresteral levels were off the charts!!! I guess a good number is around 100 or so. I came in at 280!!!!!!! Somehow this mixes in with the weight gain, I don't yet know all I need to know. I am being put on an aspirin regimen and also have to take a pill to help get that level down before I have a heart attack. I have enough stress and anxiety daily and am very scared as my father had heart disease and heart attacks. I am only 34. SO PLEASE anyone trying saphris keep on top of it and get your blood levels checked. Wish you the best, Lucid

Related Reading: adderall

Comment from: puka, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

The taste is very nasty. I am not convinced that it is working for me because I feel worse but I will give it another day or so. It does taste very bad and then makes your tongue numb. Not good

Comment from: djd61, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 03

I have had Bi PolarI/mixed episodes since 2003. I have tried every possible anti-depressant marketed with the exception of a few. I had no choice but to retire from a 20 year career. After about a year with my new physc, trying basically all the new anti-depressants on the market, it would relieve some of the symptoms for a short period of time then nothing!! At last we thought we had found the right combination of meds to deal with my illness. I started taking Celexa, Lamactil, xanax and trazadone. That lasted for about 2 years then my symptoms came back with a vengance!! My doctor gave me samples of Saphris SL, discontinued the Celexa and cut my trazadone in half, they told me about the terrible taste so I was expecting that. I have been on the Saphris SL for about 4 weeks at bedtime and stopped the trazadone because the combination was so sedating. I would sleep for 2-3 hrs and wake up sometimes needing to go the the restroom and I couldn't even function, I could hardly hold my eyes open and my coordination was limited at best, much to my regret, I have turned into a monster! I have never been a violent person even with my illness. My family noticed the change in me after about 2 weeks of taking the medication and I am gaining weight rapidly and serious swelling all over. I did start to notice that pretty much anything anyone said to me made me angry. I blew it off as stress, but never have I experienced such aggitation before. I continued to take the medication for 2 more weeks trying to give it a fair shot. Last night to my horror I started throwing everything I could find at the wall!!!! I grabbed my car keys and off I went. Thankfully I arrived home safe., I knew it had to be the medication. Last night I quit taking it and will NEVER take it again. I DO NOT recommend this. Please read ALL of the reviews on this medication. If it works,I wish you the best.

Related Reading: Celexa | xanax | sleep