Saphris User Reviews

Saphris - User Reviews

Saphris User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Saphris sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LifelongBipolar, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

First I would like to say Take this at bed time. Give yourself a 6-8 hour time frame to rest. The taste is bad but so far the effects are going very well for me. I have been Bipolar for many many years and I have been on many different medications. I have trouble sleeping but when I take this before I lay down I wait the 10 minutes like I am suppose to and drink something with flavor to wash the taste away. Yes it does make my mouth under my tongue numb(where I put it) to dissolve. If you can keep it under your tongue do it. My normal reaction on first couple doses brought it above my tongue. Don't its worse tasting and makes your whole tongue numb. Then I lay down and that is all I remember for the next few hours. Don't try to do anything after taking it, Just rest. The side effects I do not have yet and may not have. I am in the time frame of my most possible manic state of the month, I do not feel that everything is 100 fold worse then it really is. I can say this is working for me. Please keep in mind when reading these reviews that most of us are in a state of saddness, moody, etc... it is why we are taking it to begin with. No medication has it full effect for at least 30-40 days. When trying this medication please give it 30-40 days before you decide on its full effect for you.

Comment from: angel, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 15

I have just finished the 5mg at bedtime for 5 days. After the first 2 days I noticed a tremendous difference in my mood. I felt great. I wasnt as depressed, I felt very calm, and actually had alot of energy. I seemed to have a peacefullness feeling. I also have taken Depakote, Seroquel and others medications that did not work and had horrible side effects. I was very hesitant about starting another new medication because I had taking everything and nothing seemed to work. This is like a miracle for me! I have noticed my hands and feet have swollen when I awake in the morning but it eventually goes away after a few hours once I start moving around. So far that is the only side effect. I start on 10mg tonight. Hopefully it will still keep improving. If everything else has failed I would definiely give this medication a try. Within the first couple of days I could definitely tell a tremendous difference. It definitely puts me to sleep within an hour after taking it at night and I do sleep alot better.

Comment from: RedMarshall, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 26

I have tried a lot of other medications and saphris is the first of many to make a significant difference in my life. The taste however is terrible and is a rather unpleasant experience. Once you have been on it for 6mos-1yr you get used to it. I have been taking saphris for a while now and it has worked wonders for me. I have really bad insomnia and saphris allowed me to finally get some sleep. Before I began taking saphris I went with 20 hours sleep for a period of two week straight. 720 hours in one month. With two weeks at 20 v 336 hours you can only imagine how bad the first two months were. Saphris was a god send for my bipolar disorder I disorder. The side effects are becoming a nuisance but I am happy to be stable.

Related Reading: bipolar disorder

Comment from: spunkymoose, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Saphris is the only medication that I have taken and can say that I love it. I have been on so many combinations of meds that I can't even write them down. I have not gained weight, I lost weight. I had episodes of psychosis and was put on saphris. Since then I feel great. The taste is horrible but I got used of it. I'd rather put up with the horrible taste than lose touch with reality again. You do get used of the taste. I have to only take it at night because it will knock me out. But that is a good thing for me. I go thru periods that I don't sleep or sleep only 2 or 3 hrs a night. I have had a great experience with saphris and love it. The best medication I have been on. I started taking it in April 2010. Its great because I'm not a huge combination of meds like in the past. I have narrowed it down to just taking saphris and topamax. Oh, I did have a period that I was really depressed but dr. put me on wellbutrin and felt a little better after that. No longer on wellbutrin. I feel great, no episodes of psychosis in 8 months, I feel stable. One thing I did notice is that if I did miss one or two doses it would effect my moods in a big way. Have to make sure you take everyday!!!

Related Reading: topamax

Comment from: shana, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

i am feeling very anxious and agitated by this med. though it has helped my manic state settle into a little more even keel, the agitation is incredible...i have started smoking again after quitting for 3 months just because of how saphris makes me feel! the taste is yuck but thats okay

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

ADDED TO LAMICTAL FOR BIPOLAR 1 DEPRESSION HAS MADE A TREMENDOUS POSITIVE DIFFERENCE

Related Reading: LAMICTAL