Saphris User Reviews

Saphris - User Reviews

Saphris User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Saphris sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: andie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

On it for a week thus far...when I took in 2aday I couldn't function in the day at all..per MD consult switch to night only with an antidepressent in the morning. Nightmares/night paraylsis from Seraquel stopped immediantly. Wake up in the morning rested. It does make me hungary all the time, but I am cheating and taking an anti appeite pill (OTC) but again talked to the MD (I hate being bipolar and am terrified of going off the deepend so I ask a lot before I let my meds get messed up). If I start gaining weight I will probably stop the meds though. I found (per the recommeded of another rating on this site) that rinsing with mouthwash before taking the pill really helps a lot. And I put it in my check instead of under my tongue

Related Reading: Nightmares

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

I had read other reviews, but still decided to try this drug. The taste is worse than I had imagined and the melting pill caused a gross foaming saliva. My tongue was numb after a few minutes so gulping soda to rid the awful taste didn't even help. I spent the next 2 1/2 hours kicking and tossing and turning in bed with restless legs. Really wish I hadn't spent the money on a whole order. FYI, the pills come in packs of 10 so I could've probably just bought 10.

Comment from: Karen, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

Saphris has helped me a lot, but it tastes so bitter you have to be careful how you take it. Insist that your psych prescribe the black cherry flavored saphris. It's still bad tasting, but is 100% better than the original. After removing the pill from the foil pack, place it in the middle area under your tongue. Avoid talking or moving your tongue for the required 10 min. This takes patience and practice. The pill will dissolve quickly causing a lot of saliva. After the 10 min., swallow the built-up saliva, immediately brush your teeth (and tongue if it bothers you), and go to bed soon after because saphris is very sedating, especially at first. If you can get past the taste, you may find it a very useful drug. I find it effective for sleep, keeping you awake during the day, depression, and stopping obsessive/suicidal thoughts. Good Luck.

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 27

Saphris works well for me. For the first time in my life I feel my sleep/wake pattern has been corrected. I can get out of bed in the morning, stay awake all day and fall asleep in 15-30 min. It quiets my racing, obsessional thoughts and stops the suicidal thoughts. Now I can concentrate on talk therapy and having a life! I still have too strong of an appetite so it hasn't corrected that. I also still feel some depression, lack of drive and low energy. Psych has prescribed 10 mg. of Prozac to help me out, especially since I just lost a beloved pet. Saphris is not a magic bullet, but I find it effective with few side effects. I hope the effectiveness doesn't wear off! It works for me, but may not work for you. Don't give up and don't wait to get help. Be patient and find out what drug works for you and stay on it long enough to let it work.Good Luck!

Related Reading: Prozac

Comment from: female zombie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

I am in a stupor. I can barely stay awake or operate my cash register at work. I've developed a rash an a severe headache. I feel severely lethargic and thirsty. I could not drive while takig this so I stopped. I give a vote of no confidence to any antipsychotic medicine. We are being turned into zombies. It is a chemical lobotomy. I have to struggle to stay awake

Related Reading: rash | headache