Sarafem User Reviews

Sarafem - User Reviews

Sarafem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sarafem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I started Sarafem several years ago. It has brought me peace of mind and wonderful sanity. My "crazy" time is a lot less stressful on my family. It has brought harmony back into my life. When I think of how angry and shrill I became around "that time of the month" I wonder how my family could stand me!

Related Reading: Sarafem

Comment from: LIMom, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

I take 10mg for just 14 days before I get my period. It definitely helps with my mood and uncontrollable anger. Before taking this, the silliest things would make me want to scream! When my husband asked me why I take it, I tell him that I take it in order to extend HIS life expectancy :-) Enough Said?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I liked the treatment. When I ran out of it, I noticed I went back to being ''moody". So my Dr prescribed prozac instead this time. But as for sarafem...i did like it.

Related Reading: prozac

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

I suffered every month my whole life, this drug has helped me so much. I am not a crazy lunatic every month before my period anymore, it has balanced me. It is the only medication I am on other than an allergy medication. I wish I had started sarafem many years ago. It has really taken away all my symtoms, especially my anxiety and anger before my period. I am on 10 mg a day.

Related Reading: allergy | anxiety

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I take the 2 week dose before my period. Works very well to resolve PMDD issues.

Comment from: deann, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 06

I have taken it for 6 years. I take 2-3 capsules each month just before my symptoms/period. It takes effect (gently calms me down and makes me sane again) within 12 hours. I have no side effects.

Comment from: ngoody, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

This drug is my new best friend! Why did I wait so long to ask for help for my PMS???

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 28

Effective, with no side effects for me! Although situational depression still gets to me, I no longer feel it's unbearable since the extra weight of PMDD-induced depression has been lifted. Most importantly, I've experienced basically no side effects. I dream a bit more vividly, that's all. No sexual side effects, even though my doctor warned me this was common! I'm in a bad place in my life, but Sarafem has made it bearable.

Related Reading: depression | sexual

Comment from: MORELIKEME, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

I've been on Sarafem for 3 weeks now for PMDD. I have to say I'm thrilled with the results so far. I am more stable in mood, my breasts weren't tender with my period, I have less symptoms of PMDD (my hubby noticed a difference!) and I just feel more like myself. I take it at night b/c it tends to make me a little tired if I take it in the morning. I have also lost weight which has been an issue with my past history of anorexia. I am never hungry. The fog I felt the first week went away and I feel like doing normal things (playing with the kids, laundry, grocery shopping) again. My aches and pains I used to feel are also gone. I almost worry this is to good to be true. I feel wonderful. I take 10 mg each day. Start with small dose and work up from that dose if you need to increase. High dose gave me anxiety. I hope this drug helps you as it has helped me, you aren't alone in the way you feel! Keep trying!

Related Reading: anorexia