Sarafem User Reviews

Sarafem - User Reviews

Sarafem User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sarafem sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I used to be very cranky and snap at everyone but now I am calm an happy again.

Comment from: TheGirl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

i feel like a human being again. and THAT is a wonderful beautiful thing.

Comment from: ROOFERGIRL2006, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I USED TO GET AGGRAVATED CONSTANTLY THIS MEDICATION STABLIZES MY MOOD. VERY WELL..

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 05

It has definitely taken the edge off every month. I feel like I have more control and can at least recognize what is happening before I lose it! I am much calmer now.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

sleep better, stopped being irritable and screechy, love life in a calmer state!

Comment from: FL MOM, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 10

I asked my Dr if there was anything I could take for that anxious and "short-fuse" feeling I had each month, before my cycle. She told me about Sarafem. I told her I didn't want to really take anti-depressants. She told me about taking it for 14 days, before my cycle. I've been taking it for over a year now and it has been a blessing. I haven't experienced any negative side effects, except a lack of sex drive. That could be due to communication problems in my marriage, but I noticed the lack of intrest in sex increased when I began Sarafem. I read the reviews for Paxil CR and Zoloft, hoping to find another treatment for PMDD without the lack of interest in sex drive, but Sarafem has the most positive reviews. I take 10mg of Fluoxetine HCL for 14 days each month and I'm very pleased with how I feel each month. It has made me feel less anxious and generally content.

Related Reading: Paxil | Zoloft

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 21

It was pretty bad when I knew I was being a witch. My Dr. recommended this for the 2 weeks before my monthly. I love it! My husband and daughter have noticed the change also.

Comment from: MrsDawgdaze22, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

This drug has been a great help for me. However, my pharmacist has told me that they have discontinued it. Does anyone know why or of anything else that works as well as Sarafem?

Comment from: thankgoodnessforSarafem!, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 18

Prior to taking Sarafem the week before my period and the week of my period I felt like a completely different person. It felt like I went through two weeks of moodiness, irritability, anxiety and depression. It finally got to the point where I was having depressive episodes where I just wanted to sleep. I went to my doctor and she diagnosed me with PMDD. She changed my birth control and wrote me an Rx for Sarafem and after one cycle I have noticed a major difference. I feel like I normally do the rest of the month. I'm not moody, irritable or depressed. I'm so glad I went and talked to my doctor about this I can finally be normal again!

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: missy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been using this drug for four days now. I am noticing that I have the "I don't care" attitude to situations where I would normally over-react to. Be careful taking this with Robatussin (battling a cold). It caused me to be a bit confused and disorientated, with several weird dreams.

Comment from: Jodi, 45-54 (Patient) Published: December 10

I am researching Sarafem. All reviews very helpful. I feel tense, overwhelmed, angry and ready to choke everyone. I have appt w Dr. tomorrow, I am looking for some relief from these symptoms!

From WebMD