Savella User Reviews

Savella - User Reviews

Savella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Savella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SavellaIsGREAT, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

Savella works great. But the first week of side effects while titrating are a bit uncomfortable. After that, it's WONDERFUL for energy, pain & brain fog, although it takes a couple of months to see a dramatic improvement. IGNORE any reviews from people who stopped taking it after the first week, because they most likely didn't take it properly & just aren't giving it a real chance to work. Savella isn't a pain pill; it doesn't work instantly. Very important to remember: TAKE SAVELLA EARLY & TAKE IT WITH FOOD; always take it with food. I take it at 5 a.m. & 2 a.m. (for 7 weeks now). If not taken correctly, it'll cause headaches/nausea. Don't give up; just give it at least two months to work. I take my doses halfway through my meals. If you take the second dose too late in the day, it'll interfere with sleep. The second dose should be taken before 2 p.m. Unfortunately, doctors also aren't telling patients that Savella is an SNRI so it SHOULD NOT be taken w/ other antidepressants or it'll make you sick (serotonin syndrome). Take it properly & give it a chance - because Savella helps A LOT for fibro sufferers! Wonderful for pain, energy & fibro fog. TAKE IT RIGHT, AND IT WILL HELP! DON'T DISCOURAGE OTHERS IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE SAVELLA CORRECTLY. IT TAKES LONGER THAN A WEEK TO FULLY WORK. IF YOU'RE NOT TAKING IT LONG ENOUGH, YOU'RE CHEATING YOURSELF!

Related Reading: Savella | sleep | antidepressants

Comment from: Robin, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 31

I am a 47 yr old female and I have fibromyalgia. I am pain free for the first time in three years. I love Savella.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: JOY, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

AFTER ALL THE OTHER MEDS . THIS HAS BEEN BEST FOR MY FIBRO , ENERGY UP , FEELING BACK TO NORMAL FIRST TIME IN 5 YRS LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Savella, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

I have taken Savella now for 6 weeks. It is the ONLY drug that has helped me after 16 years of fibromyalgia!! Lyrica made me so dizzy, I was vomiting constantly from being dizzy. Cymbalta gave me flu symptoms so bad, I had the "runs" constantly and was nauseated 100% of the time. Savella has helped me with all of my symptoms. The only side effect is itching on top of my head and a few hot flashes. I can handle those. I feel 20 years younger!!

Related Reading: Lyrica | Cymbalta | flu

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 12

After only 10 days on this medication, I've had such a WILD range of side effects. It's been AWFUL. Irritability, agitation, insomnia, nervous shakiness, decrease in visual acuity, transient dizziness, constipation, sweating, sensation on skin surface that I am hotter than I really am (hot flashes? which I do NOT need in Texas in July), leg tightness / restless legs (which I NEVER had before), bad acne breakout (I am 42), extreme thirst but finding it hard to stomach some of the juices I normally drink with no problems, eating like a cow, Oh, and did I mention irritability?? And the med has NOT helped my pain IN THE LEAST. I will go back to Lyrica ASAP. They are allowing these meds out onto the market much too soon. They need to know much more about how they affect more people first.

Related Reading: insomnia | dizziness | constipation

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 10

Within 3 days of beginning this new drug I felt like a new person. I arose from bed, went to the bathroom, did my business, then upon walking out realized how easy I just walked. It was like a miracle, no joke. I thought I was going crazy. I decided it must be a fluke or something. No medicine works that fast, or that effectively. Throughtout the day, I continued to notice the ease with which I was performing tasks of all nature, so I called and requested a visit with my rheumatologist for that week. I went in, explained to him and shared my worries of maybe it just being "psychosematic" and he laughed. It's not in your head, it's in your body. This drug really worked that fast! He shared that several of his patients had reacted to this med just as quickly and were having as good of results as I was. I have never had such good reslts from anything before and the side effects for me were just icing on the cake. I lost 20 pounds in the first month, gained so much energy, I'm more alert, and happier than I've been in years. I am only 44 and felt like I was older than my mother. Now I can swim and actually keep up with my 7 year old daughter.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain