Savella User Reviews

Savella - User Reviews

Savella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Savella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I have Fibro and have been taking this medication for 3 months. IT HAS GIVEN ME MY LIFE BACK! Pain is significantly reduced, energy is up and brain fog is much, much better. I had some mild side effects the first month taking this drug and on day 14 my blood pressure went way up. My BP had been borderline high for a couple of years so my Dr. put me on BP medication and now it is normal.

Comment from: grammyd, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

I actually wrote a review about three months ago, but want to update it. I've now been on Savella for about 5 months, but was diagnosed with fibro almost 20 years ago. I am still amazed at the feeling of well-being I have had since on Savella. My pain and stiffness is virtually gone. I still take Savella on a full stomach so I don't get nausea. I am still sweating, which for me is one of the worst side effects, but I do think that's getting better. I have gotten rid of all my sweaters, that's for sure! I also have freezing cold hands and feet - I feel like all the heat is directed to my face, head, and neck, leaving no heat for my hands. I think I am most surprised that my thinking is almost 100% clearer! I can concentrate on tasks and actually finish one before I start another. The fibrofog is gone! Another side effect I've noticed is my skin feels and looks like I have goosebumps all the time. I still have tingling in my scalp, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this skin thing? My constipation is much better - I eat 1 Activia yogurt a day and it helps. My heart rate is faster, but my BP is stable. My pain/burning/tingling comes back only if I am over-tired. After reading all the comments I realize why it's so hard for drug companies to figure out if drugs work. Look at how many of us have such different reactions! I can understand that some of you want this taken off the market because you feel the side effects are so dangerous, but for those of us for whom it works, I thank God every day for this drug! I wish it worked this well for everyone. Good luck to all of you - something will come along that will help you - hopefully soon!

Comment from: caseyburl, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

I just finished my 30 day sample pack of Savella working my way up to 50mg/tab. I've had no noticable side effects & this is the first medication in 10yrs. that has helped me for FM. It has eased my pain, out of 100% feeling the best I've felt 80% better overall. I recommend this drug over any other FM drugs.

Comment from: momof3, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

I have been to all doctors for pain. I then met an angel who prescribed savella. I took savella in 3 different steps. I have been on savella now for 3 months. I LOVE THIS MEDICATION it gave me my life back. It did take about 2 weeks to notice a major change. But now im keeping up with my 3 little boys again.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

I have chronic fibromyalgia - so far Saravella is helping me decrease the use of other pain medications. It also has not upset my stomach like Cymbalta did. Cymbalta did work well on the fibro pain, however.

Comment from: penelopeq, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

I've been taking it for several months now. It took a while to get used to. It was better than Cymbalta. At first I had nausea, excessive sweating, and dizzeness. But, I started sleeping better after YEARS of not sleeping well. The dr. took me off all anti-inflamatorys, sleeping meds and muscle relaxers I had been on for years, and I thought the doc was crazy for doing this. But, my son who has the same dr. told me to trust him & I did. Now after months, the pain is much less, only my oesteo arthritis pain remains, I am less nauseated, hardly ever sweaty. I take 2 50mg a day and divide the dose into 4 times with food. That helped a LOT. My dr. also put me on NO exercise for a month. I again, thought he was crazy, but it worked and my muscles healed. Now I can do a little more and more each day. Hang in there folks, it does get better. For me the alternative medicines are much, much, worse. Good luck everybody.

Related Reading: excessive sweating | arthritis

Comment from: Happier Girl, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

I started out on this medication 11 months ago. At that time I was walking everywhere with a cane. I have degenerative disk disease, Fibromilgia, and arthritis. I felt as though my life was on a down hill slide. I had tried every other fibromialgia drug with no success. This was my last resort. I had the same problems in the beginning as several other people and was ready to give up. My doctor suggested to crush the pills and try it in small doses several times a day until I felt as though I was adjusting to it. It took about 3 weeks and then I was able to take the pill in small pieces as I adjusted to the medication. I am happy to say I rarely need the cane and am 90% pain free. I have more energy, and a much happier outlook. Please give this medicine a chance.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

Savella was prescribed for treatment of Fibromyalgia / coupled with advanced Lupus ailments. Frankly, this is only day 5 of my initial titration kit of Savella. However, there is a marked noticability of: Severe sweats (periodic)within 1 hour of dose; faster heartbeat, sometimes pounding (passes after 10 min or so); some blurriness of vision, and reedness of neck and shoulders (the redness lingers indefinitely)

Related Reading: Lupus