Savella User Reviews

Savella - User Reviews

Savella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Savella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

I have been on this drug for almost 3 weeks. While I have had decreased pain, it has made me very sick. I have constant nauseau. I have lost 12 pounds due to being unable to eat. I have dizziness and the cold chills are horrible. I have agreed to try this for 2 more weeks and if things don't subside, I am getting back off. This has been an awful experience.

Comment from: Shali, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 01

I have been in pain for more than 2 years and nothing has even began to ease the pain. I tool Savella and the pain did subside, however, I couldnt stop vomitting, and was unable to control my bladder. I had to take off work for an entire week, and all I did was sleep, vomit and use the bathroom. It made me lose my appetite too. I like the fact that is stop the pain in my legs, but I couldnt function any other tasks. I'm 39 yrs old and I was using a walker because of the pain in my legs and I had to continue to work, and now in 6 days of taking savella, I am walking on my own. I am waiting for my doctors return call to see what can be done.

Comment from: Gentalhugs58, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 05

I have only been taking this for 7 days so Im not sure of the answers yet of the effectiveness. I have experienced increased nausea, headaches, and extreme disorientation, altho, I think it's too early to say if it's gonna work. I also, have had increased insomnia. I have a sample pack that will get me up to 100mg a day@ a prescription Doc wrote, pharmacy wasnt sure if they will carry this or not, since it's so new. I am willing to try anything for Fibromyalgia because after 24 years I have tried everything and never brought any lasting results. I do belive that increasing Norepinephrine in the brain has got to be as important as Serotonin, so this is what I had wanted in my thearpy but most Drs. will tell u it's dangerous to mess with chemicals in the brain, but thank god I have a good family doctor who is willing to try anything for his Fibromyalgia patients. So i will see how I feel in a month, I do agree with others who posted side effects of this drug as being hard to keep going.

Comment from: Sheila, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

i was diagonized with fibro in 1998 after suffering for years without a name for the pain, i have tried several drugs and combos of drugs over the years, my dr recently wanted me to try savella, after 2 days of the lowest dose i felt amazing, i was telling everyone about my miracle drug, but as the days went on and the dosage increased the side effects came in full force,excessive sweating which caused my potasium to drop so leg cramps occured, hot flashes, difficulty urinating,stomach aches, moodiness, irratibility, and the depression increased with an excessive amount of crying, i was so disappointed because the relief from the fibro was the most i have had in years, i am hoping that your company continues to work on the side effects so maybe one day i can attempt it again but thank you so much for trying to find us fibro sufferers some relief

Related Reading: hot flashes | depression

Comment from: Tax64, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

If you give this med a chance, after 30 days the side effects begin to go away. Just to see what it did for me, I laid down, felt like I had an electrical storm in muscles with twitches/spasms etc, took Savella, storm quieted down, hang in there folks, the side effects go away then you really feel what the meds are doing for you. I take it with Lyrica (450Mg/day), the Savella works with Lyrica, but you have to give it time 30 plus days. I have Fibro and ankylosing Spondylitis. I did experience strange things, but they pass once your body adjusts to the meds, your nights sweats will lessen, crazy dreams go away, and many other minor things, I have been helped tremendously by the combination of meds, hope this helps others.

Related Reading: ankylosing Spondylitis

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 19

I have chronic pain and tried savella. I dont think I can stand the sweating to the dehydration point, frequent unination and the fluid retention. Just took the 50mg and it is worse. I really need to take some weight off and thought this drug will help with pain so I could feel like exercising, live without the brain fog, and be who I would like to be without the pain. Dont think this is the drug for me. The pain is better but I think the side effects are worse than being in pain.

Related Reading: chronic pain | dehydration

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

It has worked very well. I am allergic to Lyrica but this has done very well. Only side effects that I have are (1) mild headacke and (2) sweating.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain