Savella User Reviews

Savella - User Reviews

Savella User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Savella sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lilie, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I have fibromyalgia for 7 years and nothing has helped me with my pain, by taking Savella I feel much better and have lots of energy. I feel that my life is back to normal after so many years.

Comment from: mom_of_3, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 27

I take Savella for Fibromyalgia pain along with degenerative disc disease,and spinal stenosis. I decided not to follow the mfg dosing directions as I know my body and started with 12.5mg a day for two weeks and then added 12.5 every two weeks until I got to 100 mg a day. It took me several months to get there. I know if had started with 50mg a day like some people have I would have ran screaming too from it. My biggest complaint about this drug is the hot flash/sweats. I think it helped relief the nerve pain but I still have pain in my muscles that I take other medication for and of course exercise and watch my diet. If you sensitive to medication better to start with a lesser dose and work your way up like I did and you might just find that this is a good drug for you. I took Cymbalta for 18 months before this and just didn't get the relief I needed. So as I was lowering my dosage of Cymbalta I was increasing my dose of Savella. It was a 4 month transition from one drug to the other. It wasn't horrible but there was a couple of days I did feel a little odd but doing it 12.5 mg at a time made it more tolerable. If I had listened to my doctor and just went from Cymbalta to Savella without tritating down on one and up on the other I would have been at the hosptial. No drug works in a day and if you are sensitive to meds and if it is a drug you can split with a pill splitter like this one then do so and take it slowly to increase to the full dose.

Comment from: Dawn, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 01

I have had fibromyalgia for 5 years and have had no relief from my pain except in the use of narcotics that dulled the pain. This medication has been wonderful. I have had no side effects and it has tremendously helped my pain. I am having to relearn to pace myself so I don't do too much as my muscles have not been used in such a long time. I have more energy and my pain has decreased to almost nothing on some days. I highy recommend this medication.

Comment from: yianna, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I have been on Savella for one week, and on day six, I noticed a significant improvement in my pain level, fatigue, and movement. Now, on day eight, I am almost pain free, which has not occurred for me in years, having been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999. I am so hopeful that this medication will allow me to get my life back, as my pain and fatigue have controlled my life for too long.

Related Reading: fatigue