Seasonale User Reviews

Seasonale - User Reviews

Seasonale User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonale sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I previously was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and was having major mood swings/PMS. After consulting with my PA, we decided to try something with the same dosage of estrogen throughout my cycle, and the seasonale was very appealing with only 4 periods a year. I can still tell when I'm supposed to be having a period because I get a little more emotional, but overall the moodswings are all but gone! It does nothing for acne, which was a benefit of the Ortho, but it's worth it to me. Initially I would spot the week before my period was supposed to start and then have a period the entire week, but I've been on it for about 18 months now and I usually only have a 4 day period, with no spotting beforehand. The side effects say that you may spot when you would normally cycle, but I have never had this problem. Overall I am thrilled with the change that I've made and I recommend this product if you are tired of monthly periods and the PMS that comes with them!

Related Reading: Ortho Tri-Cyclen | seasonale | acne

Published: June 25

I have been taking Seasonale for about 4 years now and love it! As others have mentioned, I did have some breakthrough bleeding on the first 3 month pack, but have not had any problems since. My body does tell me when it's about time to have my period, towards the end of the 3 months....I can definitely feel that it's ready to have a period. I am in my early 40's, in good health and don't have any children. I highly recommend trying this oral contraceptive if you want to have only 4 periods a year and much lighter periods.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been taking Seasonale for a year. I had no spotting or bleeding in between periods. It's fantastic to only have 1 period every 3 months. My periods are also lighter and shorter due to the medication. It's worked well for me and I am completely satisfied.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I was on Seasonale for about 3 and a half years. While I will admit it took a couple packs (3 months each) before my body fully adjusted to it, once it did, I loved it. Couple things to note - I had quite a bit of random spotting during those first couple packs. Nothing heavy, just a little annoying. Like I said though - once my body adjusted to the pills that stopped and I loved them. I had virtually no PMS symtoms and a very light period. The only thing I had to watch though is if I missed one day and didn't take it ASAP the next day, I was much more likely to spot when on Seasonal than I was when on 28-day cycle pills.

Comment from: OVER40ANDLOVINGEVERMINUTE, 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 18

I have been using Seasonale for about 5 yrs. My first period using the product I had really bad PMS. For about the first year, I did have bleeding break through but both the doctor and the flyer that comes with it states that will happen. Since my first year I have not had any problems.

Comment from: amhudson04, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 29

I have only been on this medication for 5 weeks and I feel like an absolute mess! I don't feel like getting out of bed, my moods are high and low( meaning I am grumpy and mean to sad and on the verge of tears)I have no motivation to do anything (except sleep), VERY irratable (I feel sorry for my husband and daughter). I called my gyno today and told her how I've been feeling and she said to stop immediately and I set up an appointment for to see her in a few days to do a hormone check (blood test) and go from there as far as what method to proceed with. I also have another friend who has been on seasonique for a year and has been experiencing the same feelings, and she just recently stopped as well. So beware of how you feel before you start taking this drug and how you feel while you are taking this drug, you will probably notice a HUGE difference!

Related Reading: sleep | seasonique

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I was using this for a preventive medication for endometriosis. The longer I toke it the less spotting, PAIN, bloating,MIGRAINES, nauseousness, and less mood swings there were. It also greatly reduced my heavy flow during my period down to a very manageable flow. I was on it for little under 4 years.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS MEDICATION FOR 1 YEAR. I'VE NOTICED WITH THE LAST TWO CYCLES MY MOODS A WEEK BEFORE WHERE VERY INTENSE. THIS MONTH I FEEL TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL CRYING LOOSING MY TEMPER AND NOT WANTING TO BE AROUND MY CHILDREN.I ALSO CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT. I AM UP FROM 2AM-5AM EVERYNIGHT. I CALLED MY DOCTOR AND SHE SAID IMMEDIATELY STOP TAKING IT AND SHE CALLED IN MEDICATION TO COUNTERACT MY MOODS. AS FAR AS CONTROLLING MY CYSTS IT DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. I DO HAVE WEIGHT GAIN AND THE LAST FEW WEEKS NO APPEIATE AT ALL. I'VE HAVE BEEN OFF MEDICATION FOR 4 DAYS AND I AM STARTING TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER.

Related Reading: CYSTS