Seasonale User Reviews

Seasonale - User Reviews

Seasonale User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonale sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jackielyn, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I am 28 and have tried many types of BC. Ortho tri (lost weight but made me break out like crazy) Nova777 (made me feel wierd and moody) Ortho Evra Patch (loved it but after being on it awhile I started to have skin problems and was very moody) and now the Seasonale. In the begining I loved it. Very little cramping, my skin cleared up somewhat from how it had been on the patch and my mood improved. I have now been on it for 2 years and I have to change. I have gained about 30 pounds and I diet and exercise like crazy and cannot lose an ounce. I am also experiencing Melasma on my face and I haven't had that with any of my other forms of BC. I am a very sexual person and since I have been on this pill my sex drive has gone completely away and even when I am in the mood I have severe vaginal dryness. Nothing else in my life has changed and I am not under any unusual stress so my Doc thinks its the pill. I started having the negative side effects about 6 months after starting the seasonale and they have progressively gotten worse.I really enjoy only having the 4 periods per year but the negative side effects are outweighing that at this point.

Related Reading: Ortho Evra | Melasma | sexual

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

From the first pill on; I was in love with it. I never experienced any spotting or random bleeding while taking it. It is just very important to take it at the same exact time each day, one day I had taken it a few hours too late and consequently started my period a month too soon. I still experience horrible cramps but I have not had one break out of acne or pimples.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

I had a hard time in my first few packs but now I've been on Seasonale for over 2 years and just had my Dr. visit. I told her that my periods have almost stopped and she (as well as I) was very happy. Before Seasonale I had a week of severe cramps followed by a heavy week of bleeding...never anything light. Now it's almost a little scary because I barely have a period (2 days) with 2 days of occasional cramping (2-3 times a day). LOVE this BC!!!!

Comment from: Girly_girl512, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 07

I have been on seasonale for a little more than 3 years and never looked back. I didn't get any spotting in the first few packs. The only time I got spotting was when I missed 3 days in a row and that was only for two days, no big deal. When I stop the active pills it takes about 4 days for my period to start. I take my last pill on Thursday night and my period starts on Monday and only lasts about 3-4 days. I love not having my period in the summer at all and not at Christmas or on my birthday. It is the same every year. I would definitely recommend this product.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 01

I experienced nothing but problems when starting on Seasonale. I experienced extreme fatigue as well as extended, painful bleeding lasting up to 6 weeks, and that does not even count the spotting which would last for a week before the heaving bleeding as well as a week after, always beginning the second month of pills. Once the bleeding and spotting was finally over, It was time to begin the placebo pills and have my actual period. While this pill make work for some, it's definitely not for me.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I love Seasonale, I was on Depo Provera for many years, but had to go off due to risk of osteoporosis. This is the second best thing to having no period, only 4 light ones a year. However, the 2 times I have been late taking a pill, (by like 6 hrs) I got my period the next day!

Related Reading: Depo Provera | osteoporosis

Comment from: Nixx, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

I started Seasonale about a month ago. I'm two weeks into my second month. My doctor prescribed it to help curb my heavy and painful periods because I am iron deficient and its making me worse. I started the breakthrough bleeding and spotting about two weeks ago and now I'm in the midst of my 'normal' period (three weeks in) which is more painful and annoying than ever. Not to happy now but it sounds like you have make it through the first pack at least so I will stick it out and see what happens because shorter, lighter periods only a four times a year sounds heavenly to me!

Comment from: rkobrien79, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

This is the second time I've been on this particular brand of oral contraceptive - after a two year break from the pill. It works well for me - shorter, lighter periods, minimal PMS symptoms, and fewer headaches! As a side note - I did have some spotting with the first pack. It does take some time to adjust to this medication, so be prepared! Any pill may have an initial adjustment period - give it a few months!