Seasonale User Reviews

Seasonale - User Reviews

Seasonale User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonale sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: betterlucknexttime, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 24

After one month of use I started to have very back leg pains and a continuous period. I bled for over a month, they don't tell you that "break through bleeding" can be just as heavy as a regular period. I went from having a 3 day period on ortho cyclen, to having a constant period on this drug. I stuck with it because I my doc suggested that my body had to adjust. By the third month it was clear that it was time for me to switch back. Oh and to top it off I developed inflammation of the veins, which is the first step toward clots. I've never had that issue before taking this med.

Comment from: Katie, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I switched to this from Ortho-Cyclen because I liked the idea of only having four periods a year. At first I liked it. But by the second month of the pack, I was ready to switch back. While it is nice not to have to deal with your period every month, being on this pill made me an emotional trainwreck. As soon as I finish this pack, I am DONE with it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I love this birth control. I hate having periods so this is perfect not to mention I had no spoting or side effects like I did with the Depo shoot or Yaz.

Related Reading: birth control | Yaz

Comment from: SDSweetie, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 03

I have had a list of problems longer, more painful, and debillitating than just about anybody could imagine. I am starting year 5 on Seasonale and I will not change ever again! I have used it since it came available on the market and love it. It reduces my pain and misery each month and who wouldn't love 9 less weeks of bleeding a year!!! My periods are lighter and shorter and no where near as painful. I reccomend this to everyone I know! Peersonally I will only take brand name because of reactions I had to other types of birth control, but now its even more affordable for most because there is a generic available now! So if your thinking about taking it, do it!!!!

Comment from: CstarS, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

9 years on this pill, was satisfied for 6 of them. The last 3 I had been diagnosed with diabetes, & tested for cancer, anemia, and heart problems. I couldn't take a shower without wanting to faint, severe heart pain, and ready for bed by 4pm everyday. By process of elimination, we found out it was Seasonale causing my symptoms. I switched to Microgestin Fe 1/20 with lower estrogen, and and feel like I am 23 years old vs 50. Wish my OBGYN had listened to my pleas for help a lot sooner!!

Related Reading: diabetes | cancer | anemia

Comment from: SpaceGirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 01

I've been on Seasonale for over five years now. Prior to taking the pill and when I was on Ortho, I had long, heavy, and painful periods. On Seasonale, they only last four days, they're really light, and I only get mild cramps for a day or two. I used to get depressed before I'd have my period, and since I've been on Seasonale, I've never PMSed. I have never had any spotting problems while on this medication. The only two things I don't like about it are decreased libido (sex drive is almost non-existent!), and this medication seems to have numbed my emotions. I don't feel extreme emotions like I used to, and something has to be big in order to affect me (but I feel normal when I take the one-week placebo pills).

Comment from: mikey, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

I am on my first pack, last week and month in the pack. I have been bleeding for well over a month now, with some clotting as well. I am hoping that when I start my new pack the bleeding will subside. It's getting to be somewhat aggravating. I did experience some of the other side effects, upset stomach, and some vomitting, but that eventually went away. I ate tums constantly to calm my stomach.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 13

I have always suffered from severe emotional breakdowns before my periods. (Before everyone was being diagnosed with PMDD) I've lost it at several jobs & gotten into horrible fights with friends & family for years. Deppo was not an option for me b/c it can increase mood swings in young women. This is when I pleaded with my doctor to help me get control of my life. She put me on sesonale & my life has been great. Instead of having WW3 12 times a year, now it's only 4 times. I never get breakthrough bleeding. Waring though... my doctor accidentaly gave me seasonique instead of seasonal & I've felt pre-menstrual crazy the last 3 weeks. I would say if this works for you....do not consider changing b/c the active ingredient amounts in the two types of pills is different & I can definatly feel it.

Comment from: City Girl, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 15

I have been taking seasonale for 3 years. I continue to have break thru bleeding. It has helped with my menstrual migraines. I have one child and I am 27.