Seasonique User Reviews

Seasonique - User Reviews

Seasonique User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonique sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cocoxo@aim.com, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

I am 16 years old and i decided to go on this birth control because i have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half and i dont trust condoms. none of my friends were ever on this birth control so i knew nothing about it. i saw the commerical and 4 periods a year sounded good to me so i asked my doctor if i could go on it and she said yes. it was the day before i was going to go on the birth control and i was nervous so i decided to look online to see what people said about the pill. i came to this website and everyone was saying how terrible it was and i was terrified to start it but my mom had already paid for it so i did. i've been on it for almost a month now. before i went on this i weighed 135 lbs and i still do... i never really had break outs before and i still dont.. no cramping .. nothing really. my boyfriend said i've been moodier since i went on it but i know thats not true. i have had spotting throughout the day but only a little bit and its not enough for a tampon. its like i'm on the last day of my period so its thats weird color and its only a tiny bit. everything else is fine and i set an alarm every day on my phone so i remember to take it. i've been pretty pleased so far with seasonique. i know it doesn't go into effect until after a month so i can't say anything about pregnancy yet but i just wanted to write this for the girls who are afraid to take it because of all the bad things ppl are saying about it.

Related Reading: birth control | seasonique | pregnancy

Comment from: Kat, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

Help, I am running out of blood! Bled weeks 2-7 on the drug, it stopped for about 10 days, now have severe cramping, passing huge clots, and stood up this morning and a quarter cup of blood literally poured out of me (caught blood in cup to see how much it was). How much blood can I lose on this pill before it's dangerous? Have also lost over 10 pounds, had some breakouts.

Comment from: hethrbrat2, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

I have been using this birth control since it was originally Seasonale, about 4yrs. I'm 35 and have 2 children. I have been using different bc pills since I was 16. I love this pill. I love not having my period. I take it one step further (with doc permission) and don't have the 3 periods at all, I just skip to the next pack. I have not had any breakthrough bleeding since the first month. No abnormal weight gain other than me pigging out on my own. I have also lost weight on diet & exercise on this pill. I have not had any problems.

Related Reading: Seasonale

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 14

It takes your body a bit of getting used to with the breakthrough bleeding. My doctor said usually about one cycle (3 months). I have been on this now for over a year and my periods have gone from 5 days to 1 1/2 at the max and very light at that. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Comment from: apinkal, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

Started taking about two months ago. I loved the idea of only 4 periods a year. Plus, married and don't want but the one child I have. I can't have any more surgeries, and hubby has to go in when he can. So BCP seemed great, especially this one. WRONG! I started bleeding after 1st month, and I've been off and on from spotting to full on period, for about 3 weeks now. I'm 33 with acne like a 15 year old, even with acne creams I was using before. Headaches (I never get them!), moodiness, even with anti-depressants I've been on for years! I've turned into super-bitch! Tired! Dizziness! Loss of appetite and still gained 7 pounds since starting! Eyes get all goofy, like I'm having a hard time seeing, even when I wear my glasses (which I only usually have to wear while reading or using computer), and now have to wear all the time. I hate this pill! Going off, especiallly since I read other reviews and it's just not me getting sick or just gaining weight. I've been walking 2-3 miles a day since starting pill and still gained the 7 pounds I mentioned! Changed diet to better one too! Cut sweets totally, eating more fruit & veggies, less red meat, less breads, etc. And sex drive totally gone!! I will go back to using condoms with my husband of 14 years until he can get in to get fixed. I want my old life back before this pill!

Related Reading: acne | Dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

I have been using Seasonique for 4 months now and I love it. I haven't gained any weight or had any more breakouts than normal. I haven't had any spotting between periods and my periods have actually been lighter. I'm not pregnant and I take my pill right before I go to bed so it is really simple and effective.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 04

I've been taking this medication for a little over a year, and I absolutely love, love, love it! The first 3 months I had A LOT of spotting, but once I made it to the second pack I stopped spotting completely. This was the only birth control I've ever taken that completely cured my acne. I've taken a lot of different brands, but this one made my skin beautiful, my periods lighter, and my PMS more tolerable. If you're taking it and you're getting frustrated with the spotting, HANG IN THERE! It's worth it once your body acclimates!