Seasonique User Reviews

Seasonique - User Reviews

Seasonique User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonique sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 12

There are many negative reviews of this product but I have not suffered any of this negative side effects. Everybody is different. I love not having a period every month. I still have a very active libido and I have not had any spotting. I make sure to take the pill every day at the same time. I assume if you miss a pill it increases your chances of having some break through bleeding.

Comment from: mpeel, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 13

I started this birth control a month and two weeks ago. The only good thing about it is that I'm not pregnant. But I am on an emotional roller coaster from he-double-L! Normally I am an extremely easy going, fun loving and sarcastic person but since starting this birth control I have been crying every other day for what seems like no reason at all. I'm unbelievably sad all the time... you might even call it depressed... I'm overly sensitive to everything and I have lost all motivation for everything (I have no history is depression or emotional problems) and on top of all that I have gained a large amount of weight... and have not stopped bleeding (more then just spotting) since day one (I wanted no periods that's why I choose this birth control and now I'm having a month long period.) My breasts have doubled in size (but I'm not really complaining about that haha) other then they hurt uncontrollably all day. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 11

just finished my first 3 month cycle on this pill and I must say I am impressed. I had no spotting or breakthrough bleeding at all. I take the pill at the same time each day. This period has been much lighter and shorter than my "old" ones. I did have some cramping, but that's usual for me. I am looking forward to continuing this pill. Don't see any reason I would switch back to monthly periods after what I have experience on this pill. Ask your doctor for samples, my doctor loads me up, so I have yet to actually fill a prescription. I encourage women with painful periods, PMS, generally period moodiness to try this pill. It works. Since the age of 16, I've been on just about every pill on the market and finally one works. If cost is an issue, visit the manufacturer's website and download the many coupons. I suggest taking this pill at the same time every day, I'm convinced that's why I haven't' had any negative side effects. It's worth a shot, its working for me.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 02

I love this pill! My first round was great with no spotting, but the second round came with a couple of weeks of spotting due to not taking it at the same time everyday. I went to the seasonique website and signed up for pill reminders sent to my phone! I now get a text message every morning reminding me to take my pill at the same time! I haven't had any other side effects and would rcommend this to everyone!!!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 14

I had taken two other types of birth control pills before I was put on this one. The other two were horrible and the side effects were crazy and made me feel like pills were not an option for me. But after about a month on seasonique I knew it was the pill that would work for me. I had no side effects what so-ever and my acne cleared up in about two months and I have not had a break out since. I did have a period for the first two months and on the second month I had two, but after that I have not had one until I was on the yellow pills. I like the fact that when I do have a period it is very light and lasts about three days at the most. I do have a little trouble remembering to take the pill everyday, but I put a reminder on my phone that went off during the day and that helped. I love this pill and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to try it. I do know that every pill will not work for everyone, so sometimes you just have to be patient and find the one that is right for you and your body.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 19

I have been using this for about a year and a half and have not experienced anything different from a regular birth control pill. I've even noticed that my periods only last about 4 days and are very light. I also rarely have spotting, and it is usually due to stress when I do. I love only having 4 periods a year!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 24

I started taking it because I had severe migraines related to my menstrual cycle. On this pill, my migraines were not less frequent, but were less intense and more manageable. I decided to stop taking the pill half way through the third month because I had been spotting for about 3 weeks, severe breast tenderness, mood swings, and i was nauseous and was vomiting several times a week. I feel that this pill was too strong and the side effects out-weighed the benefits of taking it.

Related Reading: breast