Seasonique User Reviews

Seasonique - User Reviews

Seasonique User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seasonique sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I love this pill. I've had a little spotting on toilet paper when I wipe. Pretty much nothing else. It hasn't lasted days or even one day. My headaches have lessoned and I hope with only four periods a year they will go completely away. I have set my alarm to take my pill at the exact time every day. Maybe I won't spot then, but I don't know. I've been on BC pills for a while now and I have spotted before. I really like this pill. I've read some comments here. I haven't gained any weight. I'm not moody. As a matter of fact I think I'm happier. I only have two days of real menstrual bleeding now. I used to have six or seven.

Comment from: BlackHoney, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 12

The whole point of this pill is to lessen my periods per year not to have a whole month of pads and tampons. The first month great then the second month came along and spotting(not really more like a regular period)it lasted for a month.I contacted my doctor made an appt.He said it was normal and to stick with it!I took his professional advice and completed the 3month cycle.HOWEVER I never stopped bleeding. I stopped taking it!

Comment from: Angela , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

Well... I wish I would have read all these reviews before taking this drug. The first month was great. No period. Then the first week of my second month I started bleeding and I haven't stopped. It's been two weeks already. After reading the reviews - it sounds like this could last another month and half. Nightmare. Plus back acne and non-stop craving for food. Haven't weighed myself but could have gained weight as well. If you haven't started this drug. DON'T!

Comment from: healthnut246, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

I really like this birth control. I have just finished my first pack of seasonique. I did have some breakthrough bleeding, but nothing horrendous. I wish it wasnt as expensive though. I love this pill because I had been taking yazmin before and I would literally feel sick a week before my period. I would have all over body cramps and feel completely exhausted. I feel great with seasonique. My husband likes it too. More sex and less mood swings. YAY!

Comment from: purple_andrea, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 05

I just started my third pack of this birth control and I am in LOVE. I have not had any of the side effects I have read about; and especially no weight gain. Last "quarter", as I call them now “ since the pills are packaged in 3-month supplies, I had two days were I had some light discharge, but I wear a pantiliner every day, so I was covered. The discharge was so light that if I hadn't looked down I wouldn't have noticed, I had no pain. My unnerving cramps, migraines, and moodiness, have all gone away. It's cost effective for me, $30 a pack though my prescription mail order. Website offers a lot of great information and is a good place to go when you have questions. On Seasoninque, my cycle starts on Thursday during the yellow pills and is over by the start of the new pack on Sunday. Occasionally I have a slight 'twinge' of cramping pain, which can be alleviated with naproxen or an under the clothes, one-use, menstrual heating pad, that I can wear all day unnoticed. Playtex and ThermaCare make these heating pads and they are great, last 8 hours and are worn under your clothing. I'm saving on pads and tampons, as well, too bad I buy them in bulk at Sam's Club !! And a 4 day period for me is great, I'm used to 14 days of bleeding. My OB/GYN and I are so happy, since I've tried Levora, Ortho Tri Cyclen, Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, Yasmin, and Yaz with good results for 3-4 months and then terrible side effects. Seasonique has by far exceeded my expectations. I don't schedule my life around my period now :-) I used to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas (the only time I see my family) in tears, pain, and loaded on Naproxen Sodium, Lortab, and Cataflam and generally feeling miserable. Last year I opened presents in the bed, I am excited that this Christmas season, I will be free from my period, the heating pad, and the pain !!! Over all, I say do your research, ask your doctor for a sample, and try it. GOOD LUCK !!!

Related Reading: Levora | Yasmin | Yaz

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 14

I went on this pill 2 years ago after trying many, many treatments. I did gain some weight and my skin is broken out more than usual. However, this is the first pill that has made my migraines nearly disappear. I feel better on this pill than I have in years. I will put up with the others because I feel so much better. I have not been moody at all and PMS has disappeared. I had no spotting and my periods are so light, I rarely use more than pantyliners.

Published: May 18

I only started taking Seasonique because my dermatologist required that I be on the pill due to the category X pregnancy rate on my acne medication. I've been on Seasonique for 10 months now and I have been completely satisfied. I did have some bleeding during the first couple of months, but that decreased each month. I no longer have to take my acne medication (it was a 6 month treatment), but I chose to stay on Seasonique because no part of me wants to go back to a monthly period and monthly PMS!!!!!!