Sectral User Reviews

Sectral - User Reviews

Sectral User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sectral sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: woolever1965, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 09

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take It for rapid heartbeat

Comment from: susanlw, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 14

Atrial fibrillation went undiagnosed for years because it never happened when I was being seen by the doctor. When it was detected with the use of a monitor, I was prescribed Sectral and Digoxin, which have remedied the problem. Never had an adverse side affect from it's use.

Related Reading: Atrial fibrillation | Sectral

Comment from: mumsy, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I take this for supraventricular tachycardia. The drug works well but I had to be very adaptive to finding the right way to take it. It causes gas and about an hour after taking it I need a restroom. This can be very uncomfortable in an office job. I eventually found that I had to reduce my dose by half. Then I started taking it every other day, when I left work in the evening. I also found that the med had an even greater GI effect if I took it first thing in the mornning before I had sufficient liquids to drink. I also discovered through trial and error that it is much easier on your system if you have food to eat with it. I think that it makes the absorption of the medication a bit slower. I am glad that I have found ways to adapt my system to the drug because it works well for my heart.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

I have Premature ventricular contractions and high blood pressure. I have taken this medicine for 2 months, the only problem I have had so far is that i'm so tired. My doctor said that it will go away in time i'm not so sure about that after all its been 2 months.

Comment from: nn228, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I have been taking sectral for about 6 years and now my pressure is so low that I am passing out all the time and the found out it is the sectal. I was on it for palpations not high blood pressure. I have low pressure.

Comment from: Liz, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I suffered for a long time on various BO medications. Sectal changed my life. Three months after taking it, I went from complete house arrest due to rapid and abmormal heartbeat to now being able to drive again and stand and sit for longer periods. I take it also for dysautonomia. Love this med. I have no known side effects, and never did.

Comment from: dbg, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 08

I am taking Sectral for high blood pressure and supraventricular tachycardia. The medication works great. Blood Pressure is perfect and no SVT in a month. So far no side effects

Comment from: suziq, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 21

Been on it for over 7 years but last few months have developed tinnitis in one ear. Fear it is related to long term use. Anyone else have this result? Otherwise, it's been great drug for my irregular heartbeat problem.

Comment from: acebutol, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 25

I take it once a day. But can additional dose, if needed, but by time realize, am too tired to take it and afraid it too close together.

Comment from: Taz, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 07

This medication has been effective for my control of a heart rhythm problem.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 02

I have taken sectral for many years. I have very high triglycerides and wonder if sectral is a contributing factor.

Comment from: mvp, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 21

after trying many various other beta blockers and calcium channel blockers, this is the one that worked with no problems. i am very satisfied.