Sensipar User Reviews

Sensipar - User Reviews

Sensipar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sensipar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nightmax, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

Hi, I'm talking a host of medication now while awaiting a kidney transplant. I sympathize with those of you who are taking yet another drug, but my real question now is that I started the medication and expected a little naseau or tummy upset, not a full blown rush to ememergency for severe stomach pain the next day! Although they said it might have been a paratoneal infection I find that really convenient when I had no usual symptoms. I've had this before but not the the degree where I was flat on back in emergency screaming due to severe pain. Okay so I'm on the antibiotics now, but we still don't know what happened. De. I don't want to take the medicine if it isn't going to control the intial problems. Try as I might to convince medical experts that I am not the usual dialysis patient, they are always on a wait and see experience and then when it all comes true they are flabbergasted. This isn't a condition that is supposed to leave a person stumped. The medication is $420 a bottle for 30 pills and to me there has got to be something else I can take that works better at a lessor rate. Sure I have insurance, but gees.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I've been taking this medication for about 2 months now and the only thing I've noticed is that my calcium level has decreased. It has not done anything for my phos. level and I am getting discouraged with the medication. It doesn't seem to be helping in the specific areas that I was encouraged to take the medicine for.

Comment from: rob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 14

It helped with my phosphorus, but hurt my calcium numbers.

Comment from: Marcie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 05

my nephlogist has written prescriptions for Rocaltrol, Calcitriol, zemplar, and sensipar. My insurance company will not pay for these medications. They said that they are not covered by our plan. What is so different about these medications that insurance will not cover them?

Related Reading: Rocaltrol | zemplar | sensipar

Comment from: old granny, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

When I first took it there was a good reaction. So much so I had to stop taking the medcine. My doseage was doubled and I appears to not be working now. I have been taking the medication for over a year with little improvement.

Comment from: Warner, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

Sensipar is to decrease the PTH, however it also reduced my Calcium and Phosphorus. The decrease in Calcium made it easier for me to take Phos Lo for my binder, which is much cheaper than the others. My bone pain has also went away. I am now on a transplant list.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 09

When on this medication i get sick

Comment from: shellyg0, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

Many have complained because this drug is so expensive and many insurers will not pay for it. If you have private insurance drug coverage ask your dietician or nephrologist for the manufacturers co-pay card from AMGEN pharma. This discount card will reduce your co-pay to just $5 and is good for 12 refills!

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

it has lowered my parathyroid out put to back into a safe zone in 3 weeks. Now we are going to see what level I have to take it to maintain a safe level

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 22

I continue to be made nauseated by this medication.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I am taking Sensipar due to elevated PTH. I started at the beginning of this week. I am unsure if this means anything but my BP is elevated and my hands and feet become numb periodically, I am hoping this is only temporary because my nephrologist is telling me that surgery is my next option.

Cancer