Sensipar User Reviews

Sensipar - User Reviews

Sensipar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sensipar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 14

Taking this medication has improved my PTH, Phosphorus, and Calcium numbers. I haven't had any side effects. This saved me from surgery.

Comment from: Majorminor, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 09

The drug does not work. Yaking Pgospgate Binders are the most important effective treatment to lower PTH. I was on Dialysis 10 years prior to Densipar and managed fine. The Hype the doctors take on Bone loss is Baloney. Removing Parathyroid is a big mistake especially of you later get a transplant. Dr;s are making a fortunee prescribing this frig it is all a scam. Take your Pgosphate Biners vut out high Phos Foods Don't be a jerk You dont need Sensipar!!!!!

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 02

I AM A DIALYSIS PATIENT AND WELL PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS FROM THIS MEDICATION. UNFORTUNATELY, I AM A VETERAN AND UNABLE TO KEEP TAKING THIS MEDICATION BECAUSE THE VA SAYS IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE.

Comment from: sherry, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

I have a major leg cramps while taking this medication

Comment from: afreemandian, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 11

I stopped useing sensipar because I stayed sick,vomiting and seeing things. That were not there I couldn't drive I was bed ridden because my bones hurt. My eyes hurt and I could not trust. What I see.

Comment from: Frightened, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 17

I have been diagnosed with MEN1 and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. I do not have kidney or adrenal failure. I have had partial removal of my parathyroid glands twice and still my PTH level remains high. After my second surgery was unsuccessful in bringing my PTH levels, my doctors refused to perform a third surgery because my health insurance was insufficient and I could not afford to pay the difference between what was charged and what was covered. My endocrinologist then put me on Sensipar and I have remained on it for four years. In that time I develpoed a malignant brain tumor. I am very concerned this medication caused the tumor but I have no way to find out because there has never been anyone who has either taken the medication for that long a period of time or for my condition. Yet my doctors will not check to see what long term complications arise from sensipar nor will they perform another surgery or take me off the medication. I sometimes feel as though I am a human gunea pig for their private test to see the long term affects of sensipar on a human being with MEN1 and ZES.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: Anna1441, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

I just completed a our week trial on this med. Have high calcium and phosphate levels and severe deficiency of Vit D. TSH levels are off. Scan of parathyroid showed no tumors. Yeat have all the classic symptoms along with bloodwork that says parathyroid tumor. Pain in legs was becoming unbearable. Also experienced symptome of irritable bowel symptom which is an opposite symptom. Noticed some improvement of symptoms by day three of Sensipar. Today being day 28, Leg pain is 90% gone, Bowel issues are no longer there. I feel all around so much better. Can't afford to continue this med so looks like parathyroid exploratory surgery will be in my near future. I took the med with the last meal of the day every day, no side effects when taken with a full stomach.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

I have stage 5 CKD, and take sensipar with my largest meal of the day.I have experienced no side effects at all. Along with it I also take Calcitriol 3times a week. I take a potassium supplement and a Nephro vitamin daily. Have no symptoms of the CKD, and feel much better overall taking the Sensipar.

Comment from: sesom, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

This drug caused an acute lung infection requiring 3 rounds of antibiotics

Comment from: Clara, 65-74 Published: October 14

am not taking Sensipar. clicked the stars above for this to process. am searching for info on relation of long-term lithium use and hyper-parathyroid. surgery of only one parathyroid (only one is hyper) has been recommended (or taking sensipar) but am afraid continued use of lithium will cause the hyperparathyroid to recur. have been told no cancer is present. If unable to help can you refer someone? Appreciate any info.

Related Reading: cancer