Serax User Reviews

Serax - User Reviews

Serax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Serax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rubyee2, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 13

I have been taking Serax for over 20 years. I do not take it on a regular basis. I only take half of a pill occasionally. It has made me feel so much better and more relaxed and no anxiey when I have times that I am really anxious. I feel like a different person when I take this. Been a life saver for me. I hope I can take it the rest of my life. I am 72

Related Reading: Serax

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

This was the first benzodiazepine I was ever prescribed. It worked like a charm, as I recall at a dosage of 30 mg./day, but that was 25 years ago, so my recall isn't perfect. I would have stayed with this medicine, except that I was in college at the time, and my college pharmacy didn't stock this drug, so my doctor tried an alternative. Very effective, with a very wide dosing range, so it can be easily tailored to individual patients' needs. I understand it's also easier on the liver for elderly patients.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: rubye2, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I have been taking serax for many years. I do not take a lot of these. I only take 1/2 at a time. They have been a lifesaver for me.

Comment from: sandikaye48@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have used this drug in the past and had good results. I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety attacks. It was also easy doses to use. I was very satisfied with the results.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: me, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 06

my doctor prescibed this after i was diagnosed with parkinsons and was freaking out as i could no longer teach. originally i took it 3 times a day then reduced it to once a day. over time i have quit takingit except when my foot cramps up too much or when i am in extremely anxious conditions (about 1 time every week or two). it works well at relaxing my muscles.

Comment from: wildthingwarrior, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I take 1 full pill when stress is overwhelming due to work or home life. It helps me clam down and focus on 1 object/issue at a time. complete the task and mov eonto the next one. Mission accomplished!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: BJ58, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 14

Having had problems since I was 12, and it being hereditary, I have found this the only thing that brought my life back to order. I was out on every antidepressant, MAO, andlithium, to no avail.I couldn't leave the house, go out of town, or even get dressed.While on a MAO inhibitor, and ready to commit suicide, the psych. suggested adding serax to it. The next day, I was a new person.I since had the quit the parnate, as the problems were getting worse with it, but continue my serax, twice a day. I am a manager of a company, drive 40 miles a day, and speak at functions. My biggest fear in life, is that some idiot will decide I am dependent, and try to take me off of it. I have been on it for 25 years, with no problems, and have liver enzymes checked regularly. Dependent or not, if it is the only thing that separates you from insanity....so be it.

Related Reading: suicide | parnate

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 26

I've had trouble with tense muscles as well as insomnia. This drug has helped me without causing excessive somnolence.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: chathampit, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been on Serax for 40 years and know exactly how it will affect me. I have taken up to 90mg to get me thru an MRI. It is the only drug that has ever done every time what it's supposed to do. If anybody knows of any long, long term effects, I'd like to know.