Serax User Reviews

Serax - User Reviews

Serax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Serax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nimo, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 08

I have diabetic neuropathy and have had a complete hysterectomy,gallbladder removal, and broke my shoulder and arm 4 months ago. The broken bones have not healed. The Serax works great but doctor will not prescribe enough. I take 4 10 milligrams pills a day and 1 hydrocodone. I take 40 units of insulin twice a day.

Related Reading: diabetic neuropathy

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 25

suffer from chronic anxiety, shortness of breath, profused sweating, Serax helos when yaken in small doses like 15 milligram, up to 4 pills a day, that's only 20 mg but it should be enough for the average person.

Comment from: rosingerb, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 21

I suffer from anxiety and sometimes shortness of breath, also profoused sweating and Serax does help.

Comment from: ruby, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 17

This medication has made my life so much better as I suffer from anxiety

Comment from: mrsbeasleysr1@yahoo.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 18

no side affects given by me phys.

Comment from: wluckygirl3, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

what is the differant dosages

Comment from: big T, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

I was a hard drinker at least a fifth of booze a day.. Since I started serax I havent had a drink in 30 days..I dont realy understand how it works but it has saved my life.

Comment from: squiggy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I need to know how long this medication will stay in my system.I had taken it for a month and I stop taking it over 14 days ago and it still shows up in my urine Do I need a liver function test to see why I am not metabolizing it quicker.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 03

I take 60mg every night to sleep.Most of the time it really works.

Comment from: drowsy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 24

It's a valium derivative like temazapam in effect but it only works for 6 hours for a big guy, comes on strong, v. relaxing. Allow 2.5 hours before you want to sleep. When I was totally wired in hospital having been told I didn't have long to live the doc gave me one poxy 10mg pill of it for sleep, I had to laugh it was so small, 2 nights later after the night staff complaining about me staying up all night and smoking in the bathrooms he gave me 2; I took 20mg everynight thereafter for 11 months and had little problem to sleep. Then the malignant blood pressure broke and I had no problem dropping them along w. the drugs for cancer of the adrenaline glands but I still always like to have them around for when I can't get a good night sleep for a long time or I just have to be at an early interview or something. I think they are great and have no hangover effect like the other benzodiazapam derrivatives. Looking back over 11 years extra life since end stage terminal heart failure in '97.

Related Reading: valium | smoking | cancer

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

I was not aware of the addictive-ness of this drug. Although it worked rapidly and gave me a good calming affect, I would feel like I had a hangover if I decreased my dosage. This was after taking it only a week! Being in therapy and a 12-step program gave me true coping tools and a support system so, against my physicatrist advice, I stopped taking the Serax after two weeks. Although the drup was very effective, replacing one substance (alcohol) with another wasn't a solution for me. I now take a natural GABA supplement and, with 12-step support, manage my anxiety much better.