Serevent Diskus User Reviews

Serevent Diskus - User Reviews

Serevent Diskus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Serevent Diskus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Dramatically improved my exercise-induced asthma as well as nighttime stuffy nose. I did get a mild rash for about a week - hydrcortisone did not help but I was able to allieviate it with Fluocinolone Acetonide cream. As I said to my doctor, Physical exercise and planty of sleep make for a cheerful person and a happy patient.

Comment from: Earl, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I have been using Serevent for almost 10 years. Before, I had to use Provental or similar with maximum dosage. Even then I would have to use a steroid every couple of months. Since using Serevent no more steroids or even Provental or other brochodilators. For me it is the greatest.

Comment from: tigger, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 02

After two years of use I started with "severe" muscle cramping all over the body. I have since changed to foradil which in the listing shows the same side effects. Does anyone else have these problems?

Related Reading: foradil

Comment from: green5175@sbcglobal.net, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 06

I use this medication, for the most part, only once a day. I have gone weeks without using the medication with no asthma symptoms occuring. I forgot I even had the drup.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Narat, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I've used Sevevent for about 9 years now. I think it is a good medication, however sometimes I experience some short term wheezing and tightness in the chest after taking it, which usually goes away. I find that the medication's main benefit is that it keeps my lungs dialated enough to sleep soundly through the night without having to reach for my inhaler every few hours, so I only take it before going to bed. During my active hours, I rely on my albuterol, because it just seems to keep my lungs more loose, especially when working out. The more active I am, the less effective Serevent seems to be. I wonder if anyone reading this has had the same experience with this medication.

Comment from: Emmejm, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 30

I started taking Serevent about a year and a half ago after I had a really terrible cold that basically shut my lungs down entirely, after which my Flovent stopped working for me (I had been on Flovent for 11.5 years at this point). As far as asthma symptoms go, the Serevent manages my symptoms (and the causes) better than anything else I've ever taken for asthma. Lately, however, I've noticed sores on my tongue, near the back of my mouth. I know many asthma medications can cause oral infections, but has anyone else noticed this with Serevent in particular? I know I frequently fail to remember to rinse my mouth after taking it, which could be contributing.

Related Reading: Flovent | asthma medications

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

I haven't been on the Serevent for very long, but I've already noticed the side effects. I was put on quite a few meds all at once after a recent doctors visit. Since then, I had been having uncontrollable mood swings which led to anxiety problems. After accidently leaving my Serevent at school and having to skip a dose, I woke up more refreshed than I had since I began taking it, and was in a wonderful mood all day. I've been having a little trouble breathing correctly, but I've had to outbursts (and my appetite is fully back!). I don't know if it's the Serevent only that had the bad effect on me, or the drug overall, but I would suggest at least trying it. It's job is to help breathing, and it suceeded in that. The side effects may be costly, however!

Related Reading: anxiety