Seroquel XR User Reviews

Seroquel XR - User Reviews

Seroquel XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: CrowleyGirl93, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

I like it because it numbs my emotions. Before taking this medication I was suicidal and every emotion was a freakin tsunami. Now they are just normal waves. Some people in my life complain that I seem "dulled down" but what they don't understand is I need to be. I couldn't live with the intensity in my head.

Comment from: Dcaruthersville@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

i have been takeing seroquel 300 mg for about three years. and it has helped me greatly. i sleep good at night and wake up refeshed. its the best medicins i have ever taken for my condition bipolar is hard to get a handle on but serioquel has done it for me thankful in mo

Related Reading: seroquel | sleep

Comment from: luvinlife72, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 16

Since taking Seroquel Rx 300mg befor bed, I am able to sleep through the night. My rage and rapid thoughts do not consume me anymore! Befor Seroquel I was abusive to my husband, couldn't control my eratic thoughts, was verbably abusive. And once I was in a rage, it was very hard for me to come out of it! Now my thought process has slowed down ( I don't have 15 thoughts at one time) I no longer get abusive! It now takes me alot longer to anger, and if I do get upset it doesn't last for long. I know that if I was not on this medication I would have lost my husband and pushed my children farthur away from me.The weight gain has been a plus for me since befor I could never get my weight over a 100 lbs and now I am finally a healthy 120 lbs. This medication has givin me a healthy and happy life. I never want to go back to the way I was!!

Comment from: feelnbetter, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I suffered panic attacks, depression and anxiety. This has been a miracle drug for me.When I first began taking it,I did notice I was drowsy. This medication has changed my life and has helped me reclaim it. I suffered for a long time before I sought help. This is the only medication that has helped me.

Related Reading: panic attacks | depression | anxiety

Comment from: MK-ULTRA, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I have been taking Seroquel for three years. Fortunately, I've been able to get off of it. This drug caused intense, scary visual and auditory hallucinations, nightmares, significant weight gain, increase in mammary size, and anti-social tendencies. Before you freak out about my credibility, prior to becoming bipolar, I was a practicing psychologist, family therapist, a university professor, (Psych) and socially well-adjusted. I am also taking, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Lorazepan, and Temazapan. In the last two weeks, I quit smoking, and quit Seroquel. The hallucinations have stopped, the voices have stopped and I feel more at ease. The medical model of mental health is really a no-win situation. One brief example that reminded me of the frustration of long-term self-medication; I had a bone spur on my elbow and waited 2 months before seeing my family doctor, I didn't want to take any additional medication. Well, I had it bass-ackwards. After 3 DAYS! on Diclofenac, an anti-inflammatory, my elbow stopped hurting. After 3 YEARS on the aforementioned meds, I still get depressed. All the literature states that these meds will restore the "deficiency" of neurotransmitters and encourages you to keep on taking them. Well, where's the cure? Look at the list to the left, there's 25 meds for depression. How did the neurotransmitters become depleted, that's my question. I am beginning to realize that being depressed is depressing. Maybe we should allow ourselves to feel anxiety in manageable doses and work through it, instead of sedating our more painful emotions. That's what I'm going to try. Wish me luck. Peace. MK-ULTRA

Related Reading: nightmares | Wellbutrin | Lexapro

Comment from: Gaby, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 01

I am taking 300mg at nights it solved the anxiety and sleeping problems, but now in six months I have gained 20 lb so now I feel depressed, distractful and I want to sleep all the time. I cannot work properly. I hate it.

Comment from: MEME, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

AT FIRST IT SEEMED LIKE IT WAS WORKING BUT THEN LIKE 2 WEEKS IN IT GOT REALLY BAD I WAS HAVING ALOT MORE DEPRESSEN THEN I WAS BEFOR I WAS TAKING IT AND I WAS BEING REALLY MEAN AND NOT MY SELF AND GETTING ALOT OF SIDE EFFECTS