Seroquel XR User Reviews

Seroquel XR - User Reviews

Seroquel XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

The first thing I noticed was prolonged sedation. I could hardly wake up in the morning, even after trying again and again. I've gained weight and my moods aren't really that stabilized. Overall, I am NOT satisfied with this drug.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I have been on several anti-depressants over the past 30 years, but none made me feel like "my old self." Seroquel XR (I take 200 mg at night) has turned my life around. I no longer get so depressed that I want to hurt myself or others, and I am enjoying life more than I have in 30 years. I feel perfectly "normal" on this medication and credit it for saving my life.

Related Reading: Seroquel XR

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 26

This medicine really helps out my horrible mood swings. And recently I was taken from 300 mg to 400 mg. I do see the 400 mg helping me a lot more than the 300 mg. I feel a lot calmer and not so agitated BUT in a matter of two weeks I have noticed how I can't stop eating, I am constantly hungry, I am beginning to gain weight and I can't barely fit into my pants anymore. I decided as much as I want to feel better, I cannot afford to gain weight like this so I am going to contact my doctor immediately and figure out what to do. It's a shame cuz I like the way this medicine makes me feel but I am already overweight and do not want to become terribly obese. I feel like no medicine is ever going to help at this rate cuz either it makes me gain weight or it just doesn't work.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 01

This drug has changed my life. I have been taking Seroquel XR for 7 months now and I am feeling better than I have in years. I have had no side effects from this drug. I am able to get a good nights sleep without my mind reeling about what I did and didn't get accomplished in my work day and worrying about the next work day. I have not had the urge to 'light' into people like I did prior to the medication and believe I am genuinally a better person. Thankfully, I have insurance that covers the medication entirely and feel for those that this medication is helping but are unable to afford the expense of it. I just can't say enough positive things about it.

Comment from: liz456, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

I have been on serquel xr 400mg for 4 months. Really seemed like it worked at first. But starting to kinda feel like i was before I. My feelings are can get mad easy.Very hateful again.Plus I have gained 22lbs.in 3 months.I dont know what is worse, down & out with depression or depressed over gaining 22lbs. I think I would rather be in that hole as to looking like the Goodyear blimp.Also have the shakes & Borderline Diabet. Dont think this meds are best for me.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been taking Seroquel for almost a year now, I'm 17 years old and have been diagnosed with bipolar depression. When I began taking Seroquel I weighed 98 lbs now I'm at 121. I take it at night therefore I sleep well but towards that end of the next day my ankles and knees begin to hurt quite severly.

Comment from: Poncho, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 31

Taken 1 year to work up to 400mg. Adjusted quarterly. I am more self aware of my behavior and feel much more stable. I have to be careful when I get up from a sit down or laying down position because I get really dizzy and weak. My legs buckle from under me. It has made me more confident in my interaction with others. On occasion I feel my speech is slurred and just have to compose myself and actively speak clearly. It has also helped with intrusive thoughts (uncomfortable thoughts I could not get out of my head). I enjoy the peace of mind seroquel has brought me. I feel empowered emotionally and intellectually. On occassion I have slept for a 24 hour period because of difficulty getting up or "waking" up. But overall, the benefits have outweighed the negative substantially.

Comment from: none, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 05

I am on my second stint with seroquel 100mg and I think the only reason it may be working is because I am so lethargic and "out of it" that I am afraid to go anywhere. I drive truck and am scared I am going to crash and I have never been in an accident in over three million miles. being hyperactive and bi-polar I think I need to find something else.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 22

Seroquel has helped me feel like a new man. I'm happier , less stressfully , and feel like I've gotten a new led on life. It's given me hope and a different outlook on living.