Seroquel XR User Reviews

Seroquel XR - User Reviews

Seroquel XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DaughterHurt, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 10

My dad is on this med and it zombies him out! He's is super angry all the time on it. He does things that make no sense what-so-ever! Tore stove apart to clean but cleaned it with mayo cause the drug screwed him over bad!!! It has caused my parents to get divorced actually! He even asked his doctor to get off it and she made it higher dosage! People You DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM! Just look for the good in life and you won't need to waste your hard earned cash on unneeded meds like this one. I suggest if you have a family and want it to stay together that you either get off this med or do not take it!

Comment from: tinkerrae, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been on this medication since september of 09 and find it works better then the normal seroquel I have not gained that much wieght actually hmaybe even lost a few because i dont mindlessly eat. I also no longer self distructive,in a good sleeping pattern and feel pretty good,the only thing I dont like is you have to take it around 7:30-8:00 PM to go to sleep around 10

Comment from: katpat47, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

My reaction to Seoquel XR has been horrid. I do want to deter anyone else from taking this, but just want to tell you about my own personal experience. I am Bipolar 2, and have ADHD, which I cannot take drugs for due to manic issues. I was on Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Paxil, for a long time. While on these, I was: productive, happy, active in my life, busy with our three boys, ages: 17, 15 , and 11. I am also married, 20 years. I was exercising, socializing, and able to cope very well with my hypomanic symptoms and depression. I then had a week-long bout of insomnia in Sept, 12', and my psychiatrist took me off of the Wellbutrin. She put me on Seroqul XR. My dosage started at 25 mg. This knocked me completely. I can't wake up in the mornings. I get up around 2 PM and even then, it's a struggle. I was told to take the meds 12 hours from when I would arise the next day. I take it around 6:30 PM hoping I can get up at 6:30 AM. Never happens. Sometimes I don't sleep at night, so I lie awake with restless legs, which my psych. warned me about. Hoping that I would sleep, she then took me up to 50 mg and then finally to 100 mg. I have lost my life. I'm an absolute ZOMBIE. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and HAD ( I just started with a different psychiatrist) a top-notch psychiatrist who would not hear me when I told her this drug erased my life. I am lethargic, slurring my words a bit, my memory is shot, can not look for a job, as I could in no way hold a job down. Since I don't sleep at night, I instead sleep all day. I have no drive to do anything but sit and cry and yell at my family. I know these can be symptoms of mania, but since I started the Seroquel XR, my life is no longer my own. I have started with a new psych, who is slowly taking me down and off this horrendous drug. I still feel this way, but am hopeful that I will once again feel like a human being.

Related Reading: ADHD | Lamictal | Paxil

Comment from: littlelee, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I was on regular Seroquel for about 2 yrs, that didnt help. So yrs later Im now on Seroquel XR. I have been on it for about a year now and within this year I have gained 76lbs., which makes me more depressed. My daughter tells me to say that Im pregnant, which Im not but thats how big I got, I was 130-135, so you can see how this is affecting me. Oh and the shakes, I have to use two hands to be able to have a cup of coffee, when I eat my hand shakes so bad that half my food falls off the fork. If I bend over my legs shake so bad I am afraid of falling, so I have to sit down. So the shakes are so bad that its like having Parkinsons Disease. I have discussed this with my Dr, and he upped the dose to 400 mg. As one of the other reviews said, may as well crawl in a hole and wait for some miracle to come along.

Comment from: GRC47, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

AT FIRST I WAS TAKING 150 MG, I COULD HARDLY KEEP MY EYES OPEN, THEN INCREASED TO 300 MG, SLEPT ALL THE TIME, THEN 600 MGS,STARTING TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER, DOSAGE INCREASED TO 800 MG, 400 IN AM, 400 IN PM ALONG WITH CYMBALTA AND WELLBUTRIN AND COGINTON AND LAMICTAL, I FEEL A LITTLE BETTER, FIND IT HARD TO GET OUT OF BED, BUT DONT HAVE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS ANYMORE

Related Reading: CYMBALTA

Comment from: justin, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 03

I am diagnosed with Major Depression, General Anxiety Disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and ADHD. Seroquel has helped to relieve anxiety and depression for me; this med has also helped me to focus more clearly.

Comment from: allimbaugh, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been taking this medication for bipolar disorder for about a month now and I can't sleep but when I do fall asleep I can't wake up. Now I am crying all the time and feel deeply depressed.

Related Reading: bipolar disorder