Seroquel User Reviews

Seroquel - User Reviews

Seroquel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: SB, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

Started seroquel 3 weeks ago and am now finding no mood swings, less anxiety and less racing thoughts. Terrific. Taken at night I can even sleep through the night!

Related Reading: seroquel | anxiety | sleep

Comment from: bwise, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 04

seroquel is a very mysterious drug. having been on it for years it seemed to calm many over acting thoughts. of course there is the weight gain but that did not effect my view on this med. i weened off sucessfully, but then put back on for reasons unknown. thats when i realized the outstanding unacceptable side effects. 200mg pill sent me into a nightmare of out of control physical behavior. spasms, jaunting muscles, seizure type episodes, than hospitalization. i decided to look into this med, and discovered the negative side effects highly outstand the possitive in many case studies. this med is at the end of its patent, and is being pushed to patients in high measures. costly, it needs to sell before generics are able to replace it. seroquel barely passed fda regs and i know why. diabeties,extreme weight gain, dillusinal behavior. the sedation aspect as many complain about pales in comparison to how mind altering this drug can be in many,many patients. im underwhelmed, to say the least, this med is rxed to sooooo many. start with very low doseage, and do research. a good alternative is thorzine. it may be oldschool, but its been around so long for a reason. i worry seroquel is pushed too hard on every diagnoses ones dr invents. meds are hugely profitable to many players in this field. by the way, as many know, the makers of seroquel are and have been sued with numerous cases pending. god bless if it works but if you suffer its evil do not be talked into a abusive relationship with this med. long term effects may insue. p.s. sorry for the poor spelling. that i wont blame on seroquel.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 07

MY SON Died From this medication, The company does not explain, that there may be a risk of Malignant Hyperthermia, Death Cert. reads- Laboring in warm conditions while taking Quetiapine. I was informed at a later date that this DRUG can effect the Hypothermus Gland , Causing the body to reach core temps. of 110 degs. Feinhieght . Please Be Careful - I Lost my son at 27 years of age!

Related Reading: Malignant Hyperthermia

Comment from: Nay, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I was diagnosed with Bipolar II in August 2008. I had severe aggravation, anxiety, couldn't relax, insomnia, irrated easily, most of the time isolated and couldn't work to boot. I went to a psychiatric nurse practioner and she started putting me on Lamictal and klonapin for sleep. After two times trying Seroquel, the second time was the better. I think the Lamictal had to balance my mood first and my body got used to that way of functioning, more calm. My sleep is much better, can sleep through the night at 50mg at bedtime. I feel so relaxed during the day and more confident I can get through my days. Not inhaling alot to relax. No weight gain yet, but I am excercising regularly and eating right. Please don't give up on medications as Seroquel might be helpful especially with sleep. You,ll know right away with the sleep. I know we are all different and we all need different dosages or meds. but it's nice to know that Seroquel works fast for sleep and in my case three days to see the calmness. I have read so many reviews, and thank you to all who have helped me find Seroquel with yuor inspiring stories.

Related Reading: insomnia | Lamictal

Comment from: djinxy008, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 26

While the Seroquel made me gain weight, it was not so bad, it only was initial and then it stopped and after time you can loose the weight. It did help with my anxiety and depression and with sleeping problems. Its much safer than benzo's, and my body became used to the feeling (I know some antipsychotics make you so sick but this one didnt). One thing though, if you are taking a high dose, it can be scarey waking up the first few times and going about your day. The first night I took it I felt like I had been anesthetized and waking up, I had to really lay down for awhile (try not to fall back asleep), be careful when I got up and walked around, and when I did get up, I ended up having to lay down on the floor before passing out. But if you give this medication time, it can work for you (I know diff meds work for diff people), so just give it about 1-3 months if you can handle it. It does get better/ easier and side effects usually dissapear.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: infp76, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I use this for chronic insomnia at 100mg and have been on it about 3 years. I started at 50mg but needed a dose increase after about 1.5 years. I've noticed that 100mg still puts me to sleep but doesn't give me that "whoa" feeling when it kicks in like it used to, and also takes longer to kick in. But it still works for me when nothing else has. I tried ambien at 10mg but it took 50mg (over the course of a few hours) to barely put me to sleep for 4 hours. I also tried trazedone which had the opposite effect, and some samples of Lunesta which were too weak. Given all this I'm not even going to bother with Rozerem. NOTHING puts me to sleep and keeps me asleep like Seroquel. It has been a lifesaver. I've gained a little weight but that's because when the drowsy kicks in, hunger kicks in as well (side effect). But I'm just lazy and give in to the hunger without considering other options to curb the hunger, or consuming less fattening foods before sleep. Note to people reading this for insomnia! Most general practitioners have little/no experience with this drug, and won't feel at all comfortable prescribing it for insomnia (let alone what it's intended for). You will most likely need to see a psychiatrist for a Rx. To a psychiatrist, this drug at a low dose (~100mg which is plenty to sleep for most people) is no big deal to them. I never heard of this when it was prescribed to me so I did some searching on google. I read some horror stories with the drug (mostly weight gain) and didn't even want to take it but when it knocked me out the first night, I haven't skipped a night since. Most of the horror stories you'll find are the exception and not the rule. Talk to your psychiatrist and they will most likely confirm this.

Related Reading: ambien | Lunesta | Rozerem