Seroquel User Reviews

Seroquel - User Reviews

Seroquel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Anna, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 27

I think this drug should be taken off the market. Period. I was on this drug for a little less than a year, and in that time, I literally could not function. Then, one day, I ended up checking myself in to a pshyciatric ward, because of the side effects of this medicine. All at once, I could not swallow, followed by severe confusion, muscle rigidness, and psychosis. I WAS TERRIFIED to say the least. I spent two days there and was taken off the drug. After a few weeks, I started to come around and feel halfway normal again. I feel sorry for anyone who is taking this obviously harmful medication, and the fact that this product is still on the market and people are taking it, bothers me. Hope this helps someone out there.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I was prescribed this drug in a very low dose to help me get the sleep I need. As a business woman and parental caregiver my life is full of stress. This drug seems to allow my brain to rest at night when I go to bed to sleep.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Crash85, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 24

When I was first diagnosed as Bi-Polar approx. 10 years ago, I was put on an SSRI. The SSRI had bad side effects, and I stopped taking. I have tried several different SSRI Anti-Depressants during this 10 year span. Approx. 3 years ago I ended up in a Mental Health Facility, and while in there I saw a psychiatrist. After an assessment the Doctor again diagnosed me as Bi-polar with an added diagnosis of Severe Anxiety w/Panic Attacks, and again tried another SSRI that was fairly new to me at the time called Celexa. I took it for about a month or so until the same side effects I have always had with SSRIs began. So I went to my new doctor and explained this to him. He then prescribed me Seroquel to try as an alternative to an SSRI, at first at a low dosage, than higher as I needed it. Not only did it NOT cause the same unwanted side effects as the SSRIs did, it eased my conditions very well and proved to be extremely effective. It has successfully countered my Bi-Polar Disorder for the last 3 or so years. It also aides with the Severe Anxiety & Panic Attacks (along with Clonazepam). Lastly, I have also been diagnosed as an Insomniac and again Seroquel alone has also conquered that diagnosis as well. All in all, while this medicine is expensive due to the lack of generics (patent hasn't expired) it is well worth the money as I have had multiple disabling problems managed with the use of this one drug. The price of the medication can be adjusted with insurance, and/or a financial plan with the Drug Company themselves who offer RX Discounts, and free medication to those who are in need. The only bad side effects I have experienced with this medication is occasional nightmares, and dry mouth in the morning. I hope this helps anyone thinking of taking this medication. For my situation it was a PERFECT solution, and it may be the answer for you as well. Always talk to your doctor and weigh the pros and cons.

Related Reading: Mental Health | Panic Attacks | Celexa

Comment from: workinggirl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 09

I have been on some form of antidepressent since 1987. Despite medication, my illness grew from mild depression to a total inability to function in the '00s. Nothing worked until I was put on Seroquel. Like magic, the negative loop that ran and ran in my mind stopped. Yes, I've gained weight (it does seem to trigger late nite eating) and the restless legs sometimes drive me crazy, but I can function again. I even got a job and have been able to keep it! If this had not worked, my doctor was recommending electric shock therapy, so believe me, I am thrilled. Having taken so many meds over the years, I am convinced that each individuals brain chemistry or whatever you want to call it is as unique as his or her DNA. What works for me may not work for you. Side effects that I can tolerate; you may not be able to stand. But until my doctor tried Seroquel, I was hopeless. The only thing that kept me from committing suicide was my dogs and not wanting to leave a mess for my family to clean up, either literally or figuratively. Oh, it is also expensive as hell, but I'd pay for it even if I didn't have insurance. Hopefully, it will become a generic some day soon. Finally, it does make you sleep and sleep and sleep. I've just had to adjust my life so I can allow 9-10 hours a day for sleep. It is worth it to me.

Related Reading: shock | suicide

Comment from: JohnnyGangaSeed, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Seroquel gave me irreversible tremors after taking it and nerve damage. My Dr. denied that was a side effect. Funny how now there's a class action lawsuit against the makers. RUN FROM ANY DR. TRYING TO PEDDLE THIS DRUG TO YOU!!!!!

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Will, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Massive weight gain. I went off it last year. I dropped 80 pounds. But I became extremely depressed and thought about death all the time. Went back on it five months ago. I have already gained 60 pounds. So, its fat and reasonably happy or thin and sad. I am just waiting for the diabetes.

Related Reading: diabetes