Seroquel User Reviews

Seroquel - User Reviews

Seroquel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Seroquel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 09

I use it for generalized anxiety. It helps me sleep. It also leaves me feeling more normal

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

(Treated for treatment-resistant depression) It works! I sleep soundly, think clearly & I am more active. No weight gain. I take 50mg. Seroquel for sleep with 60mg. Cymbalta for depression at bedtime.

Related Reading: Cymbalta

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

This medicine was a complete nightmare. I still don't remember everything I said or did while on this med, and I don't know how I drove without killing myself or others. I was so intoxicated on the 300XR dose that a different doctor than the one who prescribed the med wouldn't let me drive home after an appointment with her, and she drove me to my mothers house herself because she was so worried. I even cut myself and don't remember doing it. Hands down, worst med I've ever taken. Be very careful with this medicine.

Published: January 02

The first night on this medication I had some crazy nightmares, but it didn't last. I have been using this medication for about 2 weeks now. I finally feel normal. No mania, no depression. I am "foggy" in the morning, but I work through it. The fogginess wears off quiler if I drink a lot of water in the morning.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: AliveAtLast!!, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

Following my Psychiatrist's advice, I started with a beginning dose of 25mg per day and ramped up to 600mg per day within 2 weeks. I have currently been on 600mg for about 13 months. I went from being a hopeless 30+ year alcoholic (apparently self medicating bi-polar II), with frequent in-patient treatments, to a recovering alcoholic sober for over a year now. I have no doubt that Seroquel saved my life. I went from the brink of suicide to the most "together" I've felt in my 53 years. The only thing different with my alcoholic treatment strategy this time was the Seroquel. I've noticed a couple of posts saying Seroquel has some "street value" for drug abuse. Hmmm....I would think that is the case only if you wanted to SLEEP on the street. This stuff puts you in snooze mode, so take it before bed. I have noticed absolutely no surreal or “feeling high” characteristics. It does give you hunger fits, so you need to religiously follow Doctor's instructions and get regular blood work to test glucose levels, cholesterol and triglycerides. You also need to work a responsible weight maintenance program. Not too hard to do when your head is screwed on straight like Seroquel has done for me. My anxiety level went from an extremely high level to what I perceive as low. The world is now a pretty good place to live. I should note that I am also on 325mg Effexor XR (SSRI) per day (past 5 years) and have no idea if the combination has somehow given me outstanding results. All I can say is Seroquel RULES for me. Your mileage may vary.

Related Reading: drug abuse | cholesterol | Effexor XR

Comment from: Jazz, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 12

I'm having mixed feelings about seroquel and remeron since I was taking both at the same time. I gained so much weight, my cholesterol hit the roof and I also started loosing my hair. It did help my to keep me stable and helped me sleep (although taking 200mg of seroquel and 60 mg of remeron is probably enough to put a horse's light out). Sorry but the side effects have been a bit much and too stressfull for me to handle.

Related Reading: remeron

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 18

This medication was perscribed for my son 11yrs old. He would not sleep at night and had someone anxiety issues. We had to sleep with him or he would wake up. 1st night he was asleep by 10 and slept all night.All by himself in his own room and his own bed. It was great. As a parent you want your childern to get as much rest as possible for school in the am. before this medication he would not sleep until 3am and that was with someone sleeping with him. And then he would go thru the entire day without any rest.

Comment from: grreeneyedgurl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

When I first started taking it I thought it was great because I had severe insomnia and I was acually able to sleep again, But after I was on it for about 3 months it got to the point where it was hard for me to function in everyday life... I gained 30 lbs in no time and it was more like water weight because it was more like my whole body was swollen from my face all the way down to my feet....I had no energy at all it was hard to even get up and down out of a chair. I had chest pains constantly,dry mouth and the shakes... I could go on and on because I felt like it was literally killing me !!!! I took myself off of it because I called my Dr and she advised me to stay on it even after I told her about all the side affects I was having and there was noway I was going to do that I know my BODY and I knew I was not feeling right. After going off of it my insomnia is back but I am able to live life again and the weight dropped off without me even having to diet.... I really hope this helps anyone that is thinking about taking this medication. I would never had takin it if I would have known what it was going to do to me... I now just take something to help me sleep from my primary care Dr and that is it because I don't trust in any kind of drug that is supposed to help you but instead it henderd my life more than anyone could ever imagine !!!!!!!

Related Reading: dry mouth