Serzone User Reviews

Serzone - User Reviews

Serzone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Serzone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: amandas mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 07

I had heard this med was "black boxed" and would no longer be available, but I have had no problems with availability and I live in a very rural area. Thank God, because I have been on the generic form of Serzone for more than 10 years with no side effects and great results.

Related Reading: Serzone

Comment from: Babydoller, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 17

I have been taking Serzone (nefazone) for 14 years and it works amazingly well for me. I have no side effects. It has been the best antidepressent. All the others had terrible side effects and didn't work that well. But serzone has taken away all my depression with no se's, it is a miracle. I hope they never take it off the market. Some citizens advocacy group is trying to get the FDA to ban it I hope it does not succeed because no drug has worked like this for me, and it is a generic! Best wishes to everybody.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: JustThatGuy_42, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 28

On just Wellbutrin, I was far less depressed, but also constantly wired. With the addition of Serzone (in generic form), I've had almost no depression symptoms at all starting at about 2-3 weeks of use. Yes, it's blackboxed. I know. All SSRI's did was make things worse - then I was depressed and couldn't orgasm, which is worse than just being depressed. With the combination of Wellbutrin and Serzone, I've had no sexual side effects, none - the only mental health cocktail I can say that about since starting meds over ten years ago. Yep, there's a 1 in 125,000 chance of liver failure and death. I live in a Metro area. The chance of death driving to work on a freeway is higher Every Day. The chances the earth will be hit by a wayward comet by 2011 is around 1 in 250,000, but we don't all walk around worrying about that, now do we? Seriously - if you are a man and depressed, talk to your doctor about this drug. It is available still, just in (very cheap) generic form. Not only is it part of my dynamic duo of wonder drugs, but it caused no weight gain, helps me sleep more soundly, and makes me a nicer person all around. I'm a huge fan. And if you are on Wellbutrin XL at a high dose (300mg+) and still have some residual symptoms of depression or anxiety, ask your health professional about Serzone - it's totally worked for me.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | sexual | mental health

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

SERZONE HAS MADE MY MARRIAGE BETTER & treating deppression tolerable. My migraines have severely comprimised my depression treatments. Also being dissatisfied with the loss of sex drive with many of the SSRIs, I knew that my Dr. & I would have to try an older med. Migraines were our 1st concern when he put me on 100mg Serzone. Changing meds is old hat for me so I'm well aware it takes a good month to get used to a new on; I took this one at night 1hr before bed. MY DR. HAS BEEN BETTER THAN ANY I'VE SEEN IN THE LAST 20 YEARS! He wouldn't change the med or increase it at the first rough patch & encouraged me to continue to "Heal My Heart" with cognitive behavioral therapy. When I couldn't shake the "meanies", we added 20 mg of Celexa in the AM; low enough to still love my husband! I did go to 150mg of Serzone for a couple of months, but am back down to 100mg. REMEBER, TOO MUCH SERETONIN & THE LIKE WILL MAKE U JUST AS MOODY AS NOT ENOUGH! I'm well maintained enough to treat my migraines when I have to & can work on myself in a way that was too difficult between migraines & med changes before. Good luck & get those liver panels!

Related Reading: Celexa | liver

Comment from: Suzie, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 12

I took Serzone for about 8 years until it was pulled off the market. About a year ago I had told the doctor I wished they still make and he told me they did but only the generic. I began to take it again and have been without any major depression since. I still get down but only for a day or two. I also like the fact that it has very few sexual side effects. Works great for me!

Comment from: Wisdom, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 10

I've been taking this for years and have never had side effects or any liver problems. It's much better than the seratonin reuptake inhibitors and has no effect on the libido. I won't switch.

Comment from: murray, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 14

This is the one antidepressant that has worked for me with NO side effects. I was unable to tolerate the side effects of many other drugs over the years, and my doc prescribed this as a last resort. Even with this drug I can tolerate only a very small dose, 50 mg once a day, but for me it is effective. Tried a couple of times to increase the dose, but that only increased my anxiety (for which I am being treated with clonazepam). I also take this in the morning because I found taking it at bedtime or in the evening made it difficult for me to sleep. NOTE: For those who think this drug is no longer on the market, please know that while the brand Serzone is no longer available, the generic nefazadone is available and is quite inexpensive.

Related Reading: anxiety | sleep