Serzone User Reviews

Serzone - User Reviews

Serzone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Serzone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I've been on almost all of the depression meds, but this one works without the sexual side efeects. Love it.

Comment from: suzyq, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

I used this medicine 12 years ago for approximately three years. It was very helpful. I have just been informed of its availability again and can't wait to get back on it. I have tried so many others with so many side effects. I am relieved.

Comment from: bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 26

Serzone is the only medication that has relieved my depression and made my life bearable. I've had depression since childhood and i'm lucky to have lived long enough to encounter serzone,and only by chance i believe,when i was thrown into a psyc. ward and was started on this drug in 1996. Either my doctors analysis was excellant, or it just dumb luck that i started this drug no longer matters, because i've been able to live a relatively productive and somewhat happy life since.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 19

I have been using this drug for year with no side effects. I suffer from clinical depression and have been on many antidepressants. This is by far the best one with no sexual side effects. Beats Prozac and all the others.

Related Reading: antidepressants | Prozac

Comment from: benazoop, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

I took this drug a few years ago and it worked like a dream within 2 days. I was a totally diferent person. I only had to take it for 8 months and was off of it. Recently I have become depressed again and wanted the drug again but is unavailable in canada. Too bad. It always seems to be that a drug that works gets a bad rap and is removed from our shelves. I know a lot of people on other antidepressants and not one of them ever comes off of them. Serzone, for me, worked and I was only on it temporarily. With the drug and some psych thereapy they were the perfect combination in my battle with depression.

Comment from: uno, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

It was a little tough getting it into my system.. it made me feel uncontrollably tired and miserable. Once it was in my system it worked great and no sexual side effects. I do recommend getting your liver functions checked every six months through bloodwork though.

Comment from: happy, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 19

been on 400mg for over 10 years, get routine liver tests every 6 months. Tried others and didn't like side effects (sexual dysfunction). Just got lab results back with elevated liver enzymes - could be nefazadone related - I hope not because I don't want to go through trying new meds and jeopardize my mental well being. Knowing this medicine could cause liver damage has been a risk, but I have also been depressed-free for over 10 years.

Comment from: lucy, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 07

I take this for depression and post tramatic disorder. I have been on it for about 8 years. Having tried several other medication,I found that this is what works for me. Controls my depression and flashbacks. I haven't gain weight or have loss of sexual desire as I had from past medications. No liver problems. I take 3 tablets daily. It has been my wonder drug.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 22

I have been taking Serzone for 11 years now without any severe side effects. I get a bit dizzy sometimes & I have dry mouth but that's about it. I went off serzone for 4 months about five yrs. ago & I was a mess. I tried a few other medications but soon realized I needed the serzone ASAP. I got back on Serzone & have been feeling much better.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Published: February 28

Loved my serzone. Was tired at first, but got used to that. I took it only at night before bed, so i woke up feeling great. Went off it cuz i felt guilty/embarressed. Been off it for three years and am gonna start again this week. Just get your liver enzymes checked every six months.