Silenor User Reviews

Silenor - User Reviews

Silenor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Silenor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mary C., 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 09

I noticed that most reviewers are giving reviews after only a few days on a new medication. I started Silenor after wanting to get off Ambien because I was feeling on the verge of addiction with it. Lunesta did nothing, I gave it the entire month, but never worked. We tried Silenor and did experience some of the same wierd side effects for a few days or a week, but then it slowly but very surely started to work as intended. I sleep longer with it as opposed to Abmien, and I fall asleep softer, not like being knocked out as before. My co-pay is expensive (I got my generic Ambien for nothing) but it's worth not being addicted to a medication. I would recommend patients starting this med to give it more time than just a few days to get the real effect. Then you'll be able to make a far more reasonable choice. Thanks for reading!

Related Reading: Silenor | Ambien | Lunesta

Comment from: ttee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 24

My problem is early morning waking. Tired ambien, lunesta, ativan, trazadone, remeron, and nothing has worked as well as Silenor with so few side effects. The biggest side effect from Silenor is drowsiness. Go figure, that why I'm taking it. lol

Related Reading: ativan | remeron

Comment from: Suessan, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 19

I have had difficulty sleeping my entire life, only sleeping 2-3 hours on my own and unable to get back to sleep. Ambien and similar drugs left me too "out of it" to function well at work, plus with concerns of dependence wasn't a good long-term solution. I improved my eating and exercise habits, but no positive effect on my sleeping. Did a sleep study with results stating that I had no detected illness (such as apnea) and concluded "Has difficulty sleeping" (not helpful!). I heard about Silenor and my doctor gave me samples - and my life changes for the better overnight! Using Silenor I regularly sleep 5-7 hours/night and if/when I do wake up, I generally fall back asleep within 30-45 minutes. Plus no morning "drug hangover." It has worked like a charm for me and literally changed my life for the better!

Comment from: CrocDoc, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I tried Silenor after taking Ambien for several years. My problem is actually falling asleep, rather than waking up in the middle of the night. Using Silenor to try to fall asleep is futile. I did not notice the drug helping me at all with my insomnia. What it did do was make me groggy the next morning for several hours. It said not to eat anything for 3 HOURS before taking Silenor; how realistic is that? Perhaps that was my problem? Either way I'm going back on Ambien; it works well and is now a generic which makes it way less expensive than Silenor.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: EKC, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 25

After taking silenor for about a month, I realized that I was getting up in the middle of the night and eating sweats, thus packing on the pounds. After reading the side effects it does mention that people have been known to eat in the middle of the night while not remembering it the next day. I do remember, but at least I have now put two and two together on the weight gain and why I was getting up to eat in the middle of the night.

Comment from: Guest, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 31

I was switched off Lunesta because of the bad side effects such as nasty metallic taste in my mouth as well as daytime drowsiness. Silenor has worked well for me in that I can get at least 7 hours of uninterupted sleep without the nasty baggage in the morning. I am on the lowest dose. I can take this everyday without worrying about addiction like Ambien and Lunesta. I choose not to though. What a surprise Silenor is.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I've been having trouble sleeping for quite a while. First I was on Lunesta which worked well but gave me a horrible metallic taste in my mouth which was not worth it to me. Then I was on Ambien, but no matter how much sleep I got I was still tired all day the next day and could fall asleep at any time during the day. My doctor gave me some samples of Silenor which has worked really well!

From WebMD