Silenor User Reviews

Silenor - User Reviews

Silenor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Silenor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 12

I've tried them all and the problem with Ambien and Lunesta is that I was loopy the next morning. At least with Silenor 6 mg here I stay asleep for around 8 hours and wake up without the nasty baggage.

Comment from: Ophelia, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

I was given a sample of Silenor after talking with my doctor about my problems with the generic I take for Ambien which was only being able to sleep 4-5 hrs and not being able to fall back to sleep after waking. I took Silenor on friday nite knowing I didn't have to work the next day. Well, Silenor did not help me fall asleep and then when I finally did fall to sleep I had nightmare after nightmare sleeping only maybe 30 minutes at a time. It was the longest nite of my life. I will not take this medication ever again.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I have relapsing remitting Multiple Sclerosis. I suffer from insomnia related to symptoms of my MS. After trying nearly everything under the sun , I decided to give this drug a try. I've been on it for a month and still have all three types of insomnia. I find it ineffective.

Related Reading: Multiple Sclerosis

Comment from: PeekabooHope, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I have lived with chrinic back pain for 20 years and then also with Fibro since 2007. Due to the pain I have trouble sleeping plus restless leg syndrome adds to this and it really makes things bad. I saw a brochure for Silenor one day in the doc's office and asked if I could try it since it talked about all my concerns (mainly the interrupted sleep intervals). Within the first nite I could tell that this med was made for me and I was sooooo HAPPY! The next nites it continued to work and work with NO side effects BUT now there is a problem the manufacturer has STOPPED making this drug and I must look for something else :( I just switched to Ambien and my first 4 nites were really bad---my feet swelled and I had halluncinations. I don't know what to do now. I am really frustrated especially since I had found a medication that had worked.

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: Ontherange, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I recently have had trouble sleeping but didn't want to get addicted to a drug. I wanted a drug that wouldn't just knock me out but would actually help me. After hearing horror stories about other drugs from friends and talking to my GP I decided to try Silenor. I love this drug. It worked great for me. I can take it when I need it and then stop with no side effects. I feel rested and refreshed the next day, no fuzziness or aftereffects that some of my friends have with the other drugs. I liked the fact that it didn't just knock me out. When I got up during the night for a trip to the bathroom I was able to go right back to sleep. I had never taken anything because I didn't want to get addicted to a drug. Now I have something that helps me sleep in a natural way.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: May 24

My physician gave me some samples and I was ecouraged by the comments of others. I have taken this med twice, and it did not help me fall asleep, but definitely got more sleep. I also noticed that it lowers my blood pressur-both numbers significantly-about 25 points. i am also on benazepril.

Comment from: Peppermint Patty, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

I just started taking this medication about 3 nights ago because I could fall asleep or stay asleep. The insomia is still there. I find I can sleep very well the next day around 2pm. The remainder of the day I struggle with drowsiness.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I was placed on this medication for middle insomnia, waking at 3am every night and not being able to get back to sleep until 5am and then having to get up for work at 645am. The first night I took 3mg. I fell asleep without any trouble but I was awake at 1am for about an hour and again at 3am for another hour. The second night I took 6mg and slept all night. I thought I had finally found a medication that works. On the third night I took 6mg and went in and out of sleep all night long; I never got down into a deep restorative sleep. I was very tired the next day and had difficulty functioning at work. On the fourth night I took 6mg and was awake at 2am and could not get back to sleep until 5:30am. I was really hoping that this drug would work since my doctor will not prescribe controlled drugs for insomnia for someone my age. I may try it another time on the weekend when I don't have to get up for work, but so far I am not impressed with this drug.

Comment from: KDY, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 23

I have been taking 6mg doses. It helps me sleep, but the next day, I feel so dragged out and depressed. I tried 3mg and I didn't stay asleep. Maybe something inbetween 3 and 6 would be better for me.