Silenor User Reviews

Silenor - User Reviews

Silenor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Silenor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pianoplayer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 09

I have had trouble sleeping for about four months; Tried Trazodone 50 mg first - was not helping; have been on Ambien 5-10 mg for about 3 months, got me to sleep,was waking up around 3-4 am, never felt like good sleep, also Lunesta for 2 weeks, hated the bitter taste in the mouth afterwards. Had sleep study taking Lunesta, determined I had sleep maintenance issues. Took Silenor 3 mg first one time, did not sleep at all, felt terrible the next day. Told my doc, he wanted me to try the 6 mg. Tried it one night, my ears were ringing loud, felt I was "wired" - awake all night. Feeling very tired, groggy the next day. Have been taking Restoril in between - will go back to this.

Related Reading: Restoril

Comment from: christina0722, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

I was put on this medicine because of my bipolar and i have tried many other sleep aides and nothing has worked and I have been on the lowest dosage for about a month an I have seen no change in my sleeping. I still get up at 4am. My problem is staying a sleep. So I am not happy with this medicine at all.

Comment from: smiley, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

makes me have headaches

Comment from: vanessa28, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I was given a sample of 6mg tablets in combination with Ativan and this medicine doesnt work at all. I have been waking up atleast 5-6 times.

Comment from: millernpt, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

I was prescribed this medication for chronic migraines. I was getting 3 migraines per week, and on 3 mg. Silenor per night, I am now getting only 1 per week. I can sleep much better and am no longer tensing my muscles at night. It is harder to have an orgasm, and I also have dry mouth, but I am willing to continue with these side effects.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: bookworm , 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

As everyone is different, I can only speak of my own experience. I sometimes have trouble "shutting off" my mind in order to sleep. I have a heart condition and NOT sleeping tends to aggravate it so my cardiologist gave me a sample to try. It did not help me actually get to sleep and since I don't generally have issues with staying asleep, I can't say whether or not it aided in this area. What I can say is the next day I felt foggy, sluggish and down right depressed. It just wasn't worth it for me.

From WebMD