Silvadene User Reviews

Silvadene - User Reviews

Silvadene User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Silvadene sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: John Fay, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 16

I had toenail fungus on two toes of the right foot. Tried all topical remedies, nothing worked. Had an outdated container of Silvadene in the refrigerator, knowing that silver can purify many things I gave it a try and low and behold it worked.

Related Reading: Silvadene

Comment from: tor0706, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

It made my face even worse than it was when I started and now all my scabs are peeling off and my face turned black in the areas that I applied the creame.

Comment from: California Dreamer, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

As a busy mother of two small children, I often multitasked during my day. It lead to an accident in the kitchen, a huge pot of boiling water spilled on my thigh, burning it badly. The pain was so intense my body shook constantly with pain and shock. Silvedene brought INSTANT relief. When the effects wore off and the pain returned, it was the only thing that gave me relief on the 14 x 9 inch burn. Side benefit was that there was absolutely NO scarring at all.

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: ve, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 22

I believe Silvadene saved my daughter's life. At age 18 months she had heart surgery, which went badly. During the surgery the forceps were left on the skin too long, and all the skin in the center of her chest died. Because part of the pericardium was used to repair her heart, and the cartilege in her sternum fell apart, there was virtually nothing protecting her heart from infection through the 1" x 2" gaping wound in her chest. She was not expected to live. After 2 weeks, though, her condition was stabilized and she was sent home, with a prescription of Silvadene for her wound (and many other medications.) We changed her dressing daily and kept using the cream. It took nearly 6 months for the wound to close, but there was never any infection in or through the wound. She will soon be 14 years old.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

I had a severe burn and it helped healing and actually it helped to heal faster

Comment from: jessica anne, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 28

second degree burns, and used this for them, the cream was very effective in healing the burns, it also helped with the pain of the burn when it was appied, and when my skin was moist with cream.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: ALD117, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I had blisters on 1 foot after finishing my chemo treatments. They broke and got severely infecyed. This cream worked wonders to heal the open sores.

Comment from: cbsicnrn, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I had abdominal surgery and my the top of my incision dehisced (pulled apart and opened) two weeks later. It required a wound care specialist as the opening revealed an "open tunnel of pus" about 6 inches long and as round as a pencil in diameter located about 1/2 inch under the skin along side my healing surgical incision. First attempt by the specialist to help the reopened wound and tunnel heal was to have me pack it with sterile strip gauze saturated with silvadene every morning, cover it with a sterile impenetrable dressing and change the outer dressing every night as well. When I returned a week later, the wound was no better (but no worse.) I informed the medical doctor that at the night dressing change I would find the saturated gauze had "crept" up and out of the wound and was curled up under the dressing. It was not painful, but weird. His conclusion was that I was "allergic" to the silvadene. I had no Bad outcome, but certainly no Good outcome either. After 3 months, the wound healed with help from the specialist's other treatment. BTW, the skin where the silvadene gauze curled is now a very gray color (even 9 years later.)

Comment from: clint, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

Pardon my expression it burns like hell, but don't put on at nite because you won't be able too sleep. But it does work, my second treatment with this gel only burned for 4hrs. and now my ankle feel's alot better. The reason I was put on this medication was I have two problem's, 1 is I have a spider bite on my left ankle and just below it a diabetes skin ulcer.

Related Reading: sleep | diabetes