Silvadene User Reviews

Silvadene - User Reviews

Silvadene User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Silvadene sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

I had a bacterial infection on my arm and was prescribed this. It feels different than any other topical ointment i've used when on, but it is working.

Comment from: relieved!, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I was prescribed this medication by my dermatologist about two years ago for a condition called pyoderma gengrenosum. My wounds had been open for two years and steroids weren't working. When I started to use this medication it burned a little at first but after one week of use, my ulcers were completely closed.

Comment from: Antioch116, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 16

In 1976, I was burned with hot cooking oil and had 3rd degree burns over my arm. The doctors told my mother that I would need a skin graph but gave her Silvadene to put on my arm 3 times a day. Not only did I not have to undergo a skin graph, the wounds healed completely and the scar left behid is flat and smooth. You would not know that I had a 3rd degree burn!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 25

While lighting my "smoker" the top door was caught by a gust of wind, causing it to quickly close. My hand and extended lighter were in the bottom, so the "backdraft" burned 90% of my hand, plus hairline and eyelashes. This was a Saturday and I had guests coming over so I covered hand with Aloe Vera Burn Gel and went about my day. On Monday, my hand looked pretty bad so I went to the Dr. She gave me the SSD cream to help heal and prevent infection, but it was thought I would have severe scarring. Well, the cream cooled and calmed my burn. It healed very quickly (much quicker than expected) and I have no visible scars. I am now getting through a bout of 3weeks severe chicken pox. The pox themselves are "healing" but it and the calamine lotion and caused severe drying and rashing of my skin. It is itchy and painful. Though I am on antiobiotics and other meds, I am going to try to apply SSD to a small area to see if I have a reaction or get releif... I have faith in this stuff, hope it works.

Related Reading: scars

Comment from: bwman255@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

I had Breast Cancer radiation after surgery and had second & third degree burns. Even though I had to make sure and wash off the cream before radiation treatments it started working immediately.

Related Reading: Breast | Cancer