Simcor User Reviews

Simcor - User Reviews

Simcor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Simcor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Male 51, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 01

I've been taking for about 6 months. No side effects other than the occasional flushing. Which doesn't bother me because I know the reason for it happening.

Comment from: fired up, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

After night two on the stuff, the jury is still out but last night I jumped... ans I mean JUMPED out of bed feeling like I was engulfed in a gasoline vapor fire. I knew the Niacin in this drug could do that but was suprised of the extent. I am not exaggerating when I say if the fires of hell are that hot, I am repenting now!! Only lasted 15 minutes but I was ready to swear the stuff off. I read here that you have to take it with plenty of water, maybe thats where I went wrong. I am willing to try it again and see.

Comment from: Bob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 05

After three days on the medicine, on the fourth night I experienced severe burning on my face and body about an hour and a half after I took the medicine. It felt like I was burning on the inside. My reaction was like several others on this sight, but I also experienced twitching over my entire body. I will be asking for something else.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

severe flushing, blood sugar spikes each day, tiredness, soreness all over. Do not have another lab test for several weeks so not sure whether it works or not. Have also been put on Zetia.

Related Reading: Zetia

Comment from: Liz, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I do experienece musle aches in my arms. I don't know if that is part of the side effects because I do lift weights I take it at night with crackers, iborphram and a big glass of water. I have not been back to the doctor yet, its only been 2 weeks. All in all, so far so good.

Comment from: George, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 15

Must take asprin before simcor. Sometimes you feel needles in skull and body for a couple of minutes.

Comment from: mgalinet@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 14

im 66 and started taking this for chrolestal but have had flusing itching so have ben taking benatrol, `per doctors orders, but i feel i can't keep taking benatrol because its just another med to take, i need more information on this i really like my doctor and i just don't want to make him upset but i don't and figure out why this pill is such a problem please help. thanks you for your time.

Comment from: MyHaloSlipt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been taking Simcor for 3 weeks now. I have had only one case of "flushing" and it only lasted for about 5 minutes. And, when I had the flushing episode, I had not drank any water when I took the pill. I always, except that one time, drink a full bottle of water. Sometimes 2. I do have the dreams, but I am lucky enough to have entertaining dreams and I wake up refreshed.

Comment from: RBinCA, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

Last night was my first night on this medication. As directed, I had a snack one hour before taking the pill. I woke up at 2:00 in the morning with flushing so severe my scalp and torso felt on fire. As the flushing steadily intensified I became extremely dizzy and fainted within seconds of standing up. The hot flash eventually subsided in 30 minutes, but it was a looooong 30 minutes. Today, I have a slight headache accompanied by some lightheadedness. I am going to pass on this and all Niacin meds. I'm going back to my Welchol and adding flaxseed oil to my daily regimen.

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.