Simponi Injection User Reviews

Simponi Injection - User Reviews

Simponi Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Simponi Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: steerland, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 19

I have been diagnose with rheumatoid arthritis for seven years now, this drug seems to controll most of my symtoms.I have been on this for six months now.Tom

Comment from: Brian L, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

I have been on Simponi for 3 months now and have been mostly pain free from the first day I took it. I had had so much pain in my shoulders that I could not sleep even with even with all the narcotics I tried. I have slept very well since the day I started Simponi. My wrists, hands, and knees are also greatly improved. I have gone from 150 Tylenol 3's a month to 30. The only reaction I have had is slightly raised blood pressure. So far every injection has lasted the full month, as advertised. I still can not work but Simponi has given my day to day life back to me, pain free. Some mornings I have a little stiffness in my shoulders and hands, but that is usually gone in an hour or so. I also take 20mg Arava every other day and 75mg SR Diclofenac and 400mg Plaquenil daily. It is unbelievable how such a small dose of medication can make such a huge difference!! I am absolutely thrilled with the way it has worked for me.

Related Reading: sleep | Tylenol | Arava

Comment from: ernestwife, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

started 11/09 instant pain relief that lasted about two weeks with the first shot and have worked longer as my treatment progresses, However I have noticed in the when the weather is damp or cold the pain is less but is still there. No side effects so far and has definitely controlled my symptoms better than where I was.

Comment from: psttyf, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 03

What a difference! I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago. I am taking plaquenil and sulfasalzine. I have tried Humera and Enbrel. I just had my second dose of Simponi and have noticed a huge difference. I am feeling so much better. I still have difficult days, but the good days are increasing. I urge you to talk to your Doc about this wonder drug.

Related Reading: plaquenil

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I was diagnosed 5 yrs ago. Previously I was taking Enbrel for about 2 years, but it was no longer effective. I am very satisfied with the results of Simponi. I still have some morning stiffness, but it is so much better than before. I also take Diclofenac 100mg(daily) and Methotrexate 2.5mg(wkly).

Comment from: mary.52, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 13

I have taken 4 injections since I started on Simponi. I am very pleased with the pain relief I have received by using this medication. However, usually about three days after injection, I develop several large red areas that look somewhat like hives, except they are very sensitive to touch and cause me to have to take other medications to relieve the itching. During this time I also am very sick to my stomach. I don't throw up, I just feel bad. I am symptom free for only aboout 10 days out of the month, but I am very happy with the pain relief.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: vazquez069, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

I am a 40 year old woman was DX when i was 39 with RA and it hit me like a storm .I have osteo arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis ,high BP, heart condition, and diverticular disease so I was so scared to try simponi but I did because the swelling on my elbows, knees and hands and not to mention the pain was crazy. well simponi is a wonder drug alright and it gave me back control over my body. I really hate to take the pain killers like vicodin ES and the muscle relaxers , I have kids and i need to be alert and simponi gives me great relief without the HIGH.

Related Reading: arthritis | vicodin ES

Comment from: DACC, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Here is an update, I still feel fine yet thumb joint hurts a little and wrist. My doc and a ER doc (long story) agree that Simponi raise my BP to stage 2 level. The ER could bearly bring it down. This happens with a drug induce BP. High blood pressure is one of the symptoms, that is low on the list for side effects. It almost killed me. I was 25 points away from having a stroke. I had slight high BP before Simponi, but that was because I was on a steroid at the time and my Rummy did not wait for me to get off it first. So if you have high BP, I would think about the risk big time. I am now 2 weeks off drug and my BP is slowly coming down. How much did my BP go up? More then 50 points in a least 5 days. Rummy office 150/ 90 and 5 days later 210/112.My rummy wants me to take another drug for BP so I can take Simponi. YA Right. Take a drug to take a drug. Good Luck to those who are thinking about Simponi.

Related Reading: High blood pressure | stroke

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options