Sinemet User Reviews

Sinemet - User Reviews

Sinemet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sinemet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rs, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

Sinemet has effectively treated multiple Parkinson's Disease symptoms shortly after I first started taking the drug with few side effects. I also have benefited from reduced depression. Sinemet has allowed me to improve daily activities and manage depression.

Related Reading: Sinemet | Parkinson's Disease | depression

Comment from: tmw739@bellsouth.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 17

Patient experiences serious halucinations.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 20

Has significantly improved my balance and movement in general with no noticeable side effects for over a year.

Comment from: ironman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

extreme weakness overall

Comment from: thundercatz, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

Once I added provigil and adjusted dosage this drug was miraculous but before that I had narcolepsy and catalepsy symptoms that would put me on the floor without warning. Be very careful when switching from a dopamine agonist to this drug. It took 4 months to find a solution to the narcolepsy problem and I had to add midodrene to combat orthostatic hypotension for a couple of months. I went from barely functional on dopamine agonists to almost a total invalid initially on sinemet for four months. You must avoid large amounts of food particularly meat for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour, after you take the drug and two hours before or your symptoms will come back in full force which is not fun. It is well worth switching. I am basically normal now when the medication is working after 8 years of fairly severe symptoms. I also don't take any sinemet during the night. Last CR is at 7:30pm and first is at 7:30 am in the morning. I take .5 mg of azilect at night and 1/4 tablet of lowest dose clonazapam to stop acting out dreams.

Related Reading: provigil | narcolepsy | dopamine

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have used this med for RLS about a year now. I began with a low dose at night which helped for some time however at about 9 months of use it began to wain in it's effectiveness. Just recently had dose increased and using a CR dose twice a day. Seems to help with occational breakthrough when I am close to my next dose. Overall satisfied and easy drug to tolerate.

Comment from: Mr Ed, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 18

It is easy to use but does not last in my body. Increasing frequency is difficult to do unless you carry an alarm clock. Robs my energy and keeps me awake unless I eliminate the last daily dose

Comment from: rockinrider51@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 23

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS DRUG FOR 12YRS, IT HAS BEEN GREAT. NOT MANY SIDE EFFECTS.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

I was prescribed this medication for RLS and even though it worked on RLS I could not sleep since the side effect of sleeplessness kept me up!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 16

i've been on sinemet for 2 months for rls. it worked wonderfully at first but now i am waking every morning at 3 or so with jumpy legs. it seems i may need a higher dose. no side effects noticed.

Comment from: Barbara, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 08

Sinemet taken for RLS early in the day makes me sleepy; but not when taken at bedtime. After taking it for 1 year, effect has waned and dose must be increased. For that first year, it worked wonderfully, with no side effects. What a relief from years of RLS misery!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.