Sinemet User Reviews

Sinemet - User Reviews

Sinemet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sinemet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: richard, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 10

After 4 1/2 years it appears that some side effects have been causing me more problems.

Comment from: vaq2aq, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

It seems to slow down the disease.I also take Mirapex

Related Reading: Mirapex

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 10

Personally, I do not see a great deal of change. My family feels the med has improved my PD.

Comment from: smb, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 20

The usual four-hour cycle--starts to wear off at 3 1/2 hrs. depending on my level of tension. Otherwise, a magical loss of Parkinson's symptoms.

Comment from: BT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 29

My best friend (57 years) was diagnosed with Parkinsons at age 47, 15 years ago. He has taken sinimet for at least ten of those years. His daily use of pills is 20 to 30 despite having the brain stimulation surgery. Major side effects of the medicine at this level include frequent loss of balance resulting in hard falls, and for his wife and close friends, as well as my friend is frequent periods that he is incoherent , similar to a very intoxicated person.He also in the past six years has developed a significant desire for sex and to gamble. Are these side affects caused by the drug or are they symptoms of Parkinsons? Is the amount of pills he takes normal? Is his incoherence and falling consistent with an early onset, 15 year patient. Any suggestions to lessen or eliminate these side effects? Thanks, BT

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

Helps for about 6 hours only,and I have RLS day and night.

Comment from: alice, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 04

Have had agood reaction to medication. Most tremors have ceased but energy level is rock bottom

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: rvjimzhr, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 20

Prescribed for RLS. Take one tab of 25/100 just before bedtime (along with 25mg Amitryptaline). RLS symptoms greatly reduced allowing sleep thru the night. Now and then I must take a 2nd dose an hour or so later. Before this drug I was a mess. I only hope my results don't diminish over time as is predicted.

Comment from: introder, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

I was prescribed this drug for RLS. It caused excessive insomnia, inability to concentrate and I saw flashes of lights that were not there. It was a terrible and frightening experiences for me. The Dr. took me off it after 4 weeks and it took another 3 weeks for s/s to get better.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 29

This medication relieved my RLS the first time I took it...after that...NO RELIEF

Comment from: msrgsret, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

it has been helping me with restless leg syndrome

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: snoocks2, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I use this drug for leg and foot cramps - very severe at night. It worked right away, but I find myself now plagued with constipation. I'm not sure this is causing it, but it started when I began taking the drug?

Related Reading: constipation

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.